• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Headset volume doesnt retain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphabetic

3CX MVP
Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
6,619
Reaction score
2,633
Hi All

I've got a few users running bluetooth headsets on Yealink T46S running FW 66.86.0.5

They're having trouble which the volume not staying on the level they've put it to.

I'm told it keeps going back to default.

Does anyone know if this is something that can be configured?
 
Update

I've found this in the config:

voice.headset.spk_vol =

I can adjust this to 15 to max it out but for the life of me cannot find it in the GUI - Anyone know if its visible in the GUI?

Ok I dont know if this is a Yealink Firmware issue or a 3CX issue. But, If i set all the volumes to 15 which is the max, the volume always go back to 11.
 
Still an issue if anyone can assist?
 
Since we don't provision that part, It might be worth your time to also ask about this on the Yealink forums or their support.
 
Since we don't provision that part, It might be worth your time to also ask about this on the Yealink forums or their support.
Yealink have said:

Please try this parameter:
voice.headset.autoreset_spk_vol = 15

Do you think I should export/modify/import config from the phone or create a template from the PBX?

If I do it from the phone, 3CX shouldnt wipe it should it?
 
You can do it either way you want since you are in the process of testing it and see what results you get.

3CX will only wipe settings it provisions, the rest are left alone so you should be fine since we don't touch those parameters by default.
 
You can do it either way you want since you are in the process of testing it and see what results you get.

3CX will only wipe settings it provisions, the rest are left alone so you should be fine since we don't touch those parameters by default.
When there are phone FW updates, does that wipe any settings outside of templates?
 
Generally and to my knowledge, no. However, I can imagine a possibility where the next new firmware might fix a bug which requires wiping some settings in order to prevent the device from crashing.

If you want to be diligent in retaining those settings, it would probably require writing and maintaining your own custom templates (and updating them when we release new default templates).




I think the most logical solution would be for Yealink to make the phone remember the volume even on an unprovisioned phone, because all the above are ultimately work-arounds due to the fact that the firmware behaves a certain way. As a Yealink customer, I would open a ticket and ask about this getting addressed in their next firmware release.
 
  • Like
Reactions: leejor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us