• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Hosted 3CX in Azure not provisioning phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanxion

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Feb 12, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
7
I have a customers 3CX running in Azure hosting.

They have reported that their remote phone book is not getting through to their desk phones.

So to test this I have been trying to provision a Yealink T29G with the latest supported firmware installed.

This phone will provision just fine to another Azure hosted 3CX, but with this version its not registering.

I have entered the correct phone type and MAC in the Phone Provisiong section under the extension I want to add it to. I have set the provisiong type to Direct STUN, copied the Provision URL in to the Web console on the phone and clicked Provision Now.

The phone would normally pause for a while then start the provision process, it does not do this, just retruns to the menu saying the process completed.

I have checked the logs in 3CX and I have seen the following:

Requested file '/provisioning/xv84ixxxxxx' cannot be generated

Requested file '/provisioning/xv84xxxxxx' is not found in file system also

Is there an issue with the provisioning area on the host?

I can add an iOS device by scanning the QR code ok.

Thanks
 
Hi @sanxion

The easiest way to see if the configuration file is accessible is to put the provisioning link in a browser and add the mac address and .cfg in the end.
Example:
https://[FQDN]/provisioning/[random_folder]/mac_address.cfg
https://pbx123456.3cx.com.cy/provisioning/j48jfi48j3jfg/789654123655.cfg

Your browser should be able to to download the config file (it might give you a warning about this being a harmful file). If the browser is able to do so then the phone should be able to reach it also.

Let us know if that works
 
Hi @sanxion

The easiest way to see if the configuration file is accessible is to put the provisioning link in a browser and add the mac address and .cfg in the end.
Example:
https://[FQDN]/provisioning/[random_folder]/mac_address.cfg
https://pbx123456.3cx.com.cy/provisioning/j48jfi48j3jfg/789654123655.cfg

Your browser should be able to to download the config file (it might give you a warning about this being a harmful file). If the browser is able to do so then the phone should be able to reach it also.

Let us know if that works
Thanks. I will give that a go now.
 
Thanks. I will give that a go now.
OK
Hi @sanxion

The easiest way to see if the configuration file is accessible is to put the provisioning link in a browser and add the mac address and .cfg in the end.
Example:
https://[FQDN]/provisioning/[random_folder]/mac_address.cfg
https://pbx123456.3cx.com.cy/provisioning/j48jfi48j3jfg/789654123655.cfg

Your browser should be able to to download the config file (it might give you a warning about this being a harmful file). If the browser is able to do so then the phone should be able to reach it also.

Let us know if that works
OK, I tried that and it was able to get the Config file.

I took the MAC directly out of the web management on the phone (removing the hyphens) and also I have used that same phone with same MAC address in another 3CX hosted and it provisions just fine.
 
Ok since that works then that means the PBX is fine and its serving the file. Also since you used the same phone to another PBX using STUN i suspect that the phone is now bound to the RPS server and linked to the other PBX so you may have issues provisioning it onto this server.

Try another phone if you have one and follow the steps in our provisioning guide: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-t20p-t22p-t26p-t28p/
 
Ok since that works then that means the PBX is fine and its serving the file. Also since you used the same phone to another PBX using STUN i suspect that the phone is now bound to the RPS server and linked to the other PBX so you may have issues provisioning it onto this server.

Try another phone if you have one and follow the steps in our provisioning guide: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-t20p-t22p-t26p-t28p/
Hi there

The phone is not linked to any other server as I made sure to remove it after I tested it to make sure that was not the case.

I dont have another test phone and I do not want to disturb the other phones that are on the customer site as I may not get them to reporvision.
 
The phone is not linked to any other server as I made sure to remove it after I tested it to make sure that was not the case.
That does not matter. Once the MAC address of the phone is in the RPS server it will stay there for 2 weeks until its automatically released. But you should be able to manually add the provisioning link to the phones web interface and provision it.
If that does not work then check your blacklist in case something got blacklisted by mistake. also make sure that the option "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN (Remote extensions using Direct SIP or STUN will be blocked)" is disabled under the extension settings and double check the mac address of the phone to make sure its correct.
 
That does not matter. Once the MAC address of the phone is in the RPS server it will stay there for 2 weeks until its automatically released. But you should be able to manually add the provisioning link to the phones web interface and provision it.
If that does not work then check your blacklist in case something got blacklisted by mistake. also make sure that the option "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN (Remote extensions using Direct SIP or STUN will be blocked)" is disabled under the extension settings and double check the mac address of the phone to make sure its correct.
Hi

Ok, tried this and still the same on the phone.

I have removed the previous extension, created a new extension, added the phone plus the correct MAC address to the new extension, made sure that use of Outside extensions is allowed.

I have tried to provision on the phone, I have tried restarting the phone, I have wiped the configuration on the phone to factory settings and put the Provision URL in appened with /(mac address).cfg

I then copied the URL out of the browser screen, pasted in to a fresh browser session and it allowed me to download the config file.
 
To make sure that everything is correct the first step is to make sure that the phone is on the supported firmware. You can get it from here: https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/

Once the phone is restarted you should see a prompt for a username and password. Do you get the prompt?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
To make sure that everything is correct the first step is to make sure that the phone is on the supported firmware. You can get it from here: https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/

Once the phone is restarted you should see a prompt for a username and password. Do you get the prompt?
Hi
Thanks for the reply. It's been a minute since I have been able to get back to this.

I have been through all this trouble shooting before but will check. Phones are working but it seems to be porvisioning for some reason that is causing the issue.

I'll check this link and post back shortly.

Thanks
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Thanks for the reply. It's been a minute since I have been able to get back to this.

I have been through all this trouble shooting before but will check. Phones are working but it seems to be porvisioning for some reason that is causing the issue.

I'll check this link and post back shortly.

Thanks
Hi there

I am still unable to get a phone to provision to this install of 3CX.

I have now tried the following:

1) Two different Yealink phones both on the latest supported Firmware (T41S and T29G) & Two different broadband connections that have different providers / routers and external IP addresses.
2) Tried auto provision from using the ext number and Voicemail password and the manual provision
3) Reset all phones to Default
4) Deleted and recreated extension
5) Setup both phones on another 3CX and they provision without any issues
6) Waiting 24hrs plus before trying to provision after removing device so it would give chance to the RPS service to clear the phone MAC etc..
7) Ran Wireshark to see that the phone from the internal firewall and a packet capture from the 3CX instance and I can see my IP address making a connection and also checked that the IP address is not blocked in the 3CX firewall. The only issue I can see is in the packet capture it states something about an invalid certificate.
8) Version of the 3CX install is: 16.0.8.9

I could really do with now some further diagnostics from 3CX on this.

Thanks
 
I don't see it mentioned anywhere but is this a 3CX FQDN and LE certificate?
 
Hi there, sorry didnt see this reply until today. It's a 3CX cert, support and account is all up to date so there should be no issue with the auto update process for the SSL cert.
 
I have been through the whole thread again trying to see if we've missed something. The only other possibility I can think of is if you are using some kind of custom template, so although the phone can reach the 3CX Server, it can't do anything with the file as it does not like something in it.

If you are using custom templates, please revert to using the default ones, factory reset, then try again.

If this is not the case, maybe you should consider contacting a 3CX Partner to help you out.

Other than that, you could also try taking a full backup, then creating a new instance in Azure, although there is no guarantee that this will fix whatever is causing this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us