Hosted 4SC key replacement blocked: new keys auto-activated, need help before expiry next week

Ozed

SOHO User
Joined
Oct 5, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Hi all,


I'm hoping someone from the 3CX team can help with a licensing issue on a Hosted by 3CX system.


Setup

  • Key A: current 4SC licence on Hosted by 3CX (FQDN xxxxx.3cx.com.au). Expires next week.
  • Key B: new 4SC licence, purchased (with hosting) before the 2025 licensing changes, intended to replace Key A.
  • Key C: SMB PRO 20-user licence, unused until today.

What happened

  1. I tried to replace Key A with Key B on the hosted system. It was refused, which I now understand is due to the 2025 change blocking commercial-to-commercial key replacement.
  2. When I checked Key B in the portal, it had been activated and its expiry clock started, even though it was never successfully applied.
  3. I then went through the install process for Key B, and Hosted by 3CX is no longer offered on it, despite hosting being paid for at purchase.
  4. To check whether Key C still includes hosting, I started its install flow. Before reaching the hosting page, it installed and activated automatically.

What I'm asking

  1. Can Key B be applied to the existing hosted system (xxxxx.3cx.com.au), so I can carry on as a straight replacement for Key A?
  2. If not, can Key B and Key C be deactivated / reset so their terms aren't consumed and I can use them in future?

As Key A expires next week, I'd really appreciate a quick response. Happy to send the full keys and FQDN by private message.


Thanks in advance.
 
@Ozed

Below are the answers to your inquiry:
  1. Can Key B be applied to the existing hosted system (xxxxx.3cx.com.au), so I can carry on as a straight replacement for Key A?
    • No, commercial keys cannot be replaced.
  2. If not, can Key B and Key C be deactivated / reset, so their terms aren't consumed and I can use them in future?
    • If the Key B has been already activated, the expiry date cannot be reset.
    • You can delete individual systems in your 3CX Account : login using registered license owner email address, go to My Systems, locate the system subscription, click Manage, and select Delete. Important: Make sure that you are deleting the correct system.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
112,177
Messages
591,119
Members
165,217
Latest member
johnkerr995