- Joined
- May 11, 2022
- Messages
- 11
- Reaction score
- 0
I am new to the 3CX administration and I need to ensure that all business phone calls are encrypted. I've started by updating clients to 3CX v18, this way I've found that I'm not able to listen in on calls using Wireshark. Now I need to make sure that if I initiated or answered a phone call using a physical phone, it would be encrypted too. How would I go about this? In the 3CX Management console, I see that we already have Secure SIP/TLS enabled. I also noticed that if I go to the phone provisioning tab on extensions under 'Your Phones' and select '3CX app' rather than the physical phone's provision, I can see encryption options in the Network section like TLS and 'only secure' for RTP.
Would this be enough to enable encryption going to and from our physical phones or does something else need to be altered like the provisioning file for the phones? If I do manage to get encryption also working on physical phones, would the call be encrypted once it goes out through our SIP provider?
Would this be enough to enable encryption going to and from our physical phones or does something else need to be altered like the provisioning file for the phones? If I do manage to get encryption also working on physical phones, would the call be encrypted once it goes out through our SIP provider?