How to conceal the http address of the click to chat or call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringmusic

Free User
Joined
Jun 16, 2021
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I've noticed that hyperlink for click to chat or talk, includes 3CX address where the system is being hosted. That poses a security issue. how can we anonymously conceal this address to a non descript address. For instance, the chat/talk web address is not displayed or forwarded to a different address.

Why conceal the address? It alerts potential hackers of a site that could be the subject of DOS attacks.

thanks,
 
Hi,
I've noticed that hyperlink for click to chat or talk, includes 3CX address where the system is being hosted. That poses a security issue. how can we anonymously conceal this address to a non descript address. For instance, the chat/talk web address is not displayed or forwarded to a different address.

Why conceal the address? It alerts potential hackers of a site that could be the subject of DOS attacks.

thanks,
It shouldn't be an issue, 3CX has protections against DDOS and many other attacks. It also has a IP blacklisting.

Just make sure to tune these settings in Security > Anti-Hacking.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NickD_3CX
Hi!

Apart from what @ConceptsWeb said, you could also configure the firewall that sits between your 3CX and the internet to also monitor for such attacks on the HTTPS port.
 
  • Like
Reactions: VasilisV_3CX
Thanks for the insights and sorry for the delay, I was away. I'll look into into it and reply.
On the other hand, if you were to set talk and text on private server. Would you need to use a domain name or an IP address to run the talk and text application?

I would prefer using a domain name than an IP address.

Have any of you had any feedback about aesthetics or practicality of either types of hyperlinks?

Thanks,
 
Well in the Wordpress Plugin or the 3CX Live Chat Code Generator as I assume this is what we are talking about, it asks for the 3CX FQDN, so to answer your question, it would be using the domain name of the 3CX Server.

I hope I understood your question correctly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon