- Joined
- Nov 5, 2022
- Messages
- 5
- Reaction score
- 1
Dears,
Thanks in advance for your help and time on this matter that is driving me crazy bit by bit.
System in place :
- 3CX Pro perpetual 8SC 18.0 Update 5 (build 418) system hosted in the cloud and working fine for years now
- 2 offices connected with SBC running under windows
- Phones used for quite some time with no issue : Grandstream GXP2170
- users are part of queues
Situation : the client needed 10 more phones for additionnal users and thus 10 new GXP2170 phones were bought and added to the 3CX config
Result :
- 6 phones asked directly at provisionning to be updated from the default firmware 1.0.11.46 (unsupported) to the supported firmware 1.0.11.35 (supported)
- 4 phones didn's ask and stayd at the unsupported firmware version
- the 6 phones that upgraded to the supported version are working perfectly and the 4 other are working in a very poor and unstable way (freeze, lost calls, cannot pick up at times,pick up a call by itself,...)
I tried to upgrade manually the phone to the supported version by downloading the supported firmware on https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/ then :
1 : direct upgrade
1.1 : logon to the phone
1.2 : I went to Maintenance - Upgrade and Provisioning then pressed the Start button for direct upgrade
1.3: I dragged and dropped the supported firmware downloaded previously
1.4 : failed result with message "recovery incomplete" on the phone during the upgrade process and no change regarding the firmware used on the phone
2 : https upgrade with settings used :
2.1 : Firmware Upgrade and Provisioning : Always check for new firmware
2.2 : Automatic Upgrade : Yes, check for upgrae every 60 minutes
2.3 : Start upgrade at random time : No
2.4 : Firmware Upgrade Confirmation : No
2.5 : Config - I didn't change the values and left TFTP with client.3cx.be:5001/provisioning/b0ufa5j3m5 and the credentials
2.6 : Firmware upgrade through https
2.7 : As Firmware Server Path I replaced client.3cx.be:5001/provisioning/b0ufa5j3m5/firmware/grandstream with downloads.3cx.com/downloads/v180/templates/firmwareupdates/grandstream
2.8 : I didn't put any credentials
2.9 : as Firmware file Prefix I did add gxp2170fw
2.10 : I pressed "Save and Apply" then "reboot" and ok
2.11 : the phone didn't reboot and stayed fully on, I tried multiple times through the web page and also by pressing the reboot option on the phone screen to no avail and thus in the end I unplugged the power cable to reboot it but the firmware didn't upgrade to the supported version.
2.12 I also tried to logon through putty to launch manually the upgrade (after switching tftp method (it should have been https as in the gui) to https then commit then upgrade but nothing happened either
3 : tftp upgrade with settings used :
same settings as point 2 except that I installed Tftpd64 server on a computer as advised by Grandstream doc and did put gxp2170fw.bin in the shared folder
3.1 : Firmware upgrade through TFTP method
3.2 : Firmware server path : 192.168.10.174 (ip of the computer with Tftpd64
3.3 : Firmware Prefix : gxp2170fw
3.4 : I tried again the "Save and Apply" then the "reboot" option of the gui but it didn't change and thus I unplugged the power and replugged it
3.5 : the firmware didn't upload and the logs of the tftp server gave the following relevant messages :
File <language.txt> : error 2 in system call CreateFile Le fichier spécifié est introuvable
Read request for file <agxp2170fw.bin>. Mode octet [05/11 12:59:13.886]
OACK: <tsize=44429760,blksize=512,timeout=1,> [05/11 12:59:13.887]
Using local port 65309 [05/11 12:59:13.887]
Peer returns ERROR <ize> -> aborting transfer [05/11 12:59:13.895]
3.6 : I also tried to manually launch the process though Putty SSH but to no avail (it was still in https with 3cx url and had to manually enter the settings)
4 3cx upgrade : I also tried to launch the upgrade process as advised on the 3CX console page in the Phones pages with the +Firmware option after selecting the devices but it didn't move at all, that's the first step I tried
Any help to get back this display asking for the firmware update when the phone is first added would be great or any help to put these firmware to a supported version and make them reliable would be nice too
Thanks for your help and any solution you might give me, I've been on this for days now and have nightmares about it.
Best regards,
Laurent
PS : In Systel I didn't find the license key used and active
Thanks in advance for your help and time on this matter that is driving me crazy bit by bit.
System in place :
- 3CX Pro perpetual 8SC 18.0 Update 5 (build 418) system hosted in the cloud and working fine for years now
- 2 offices connected with SBC running under windows
- Phones used for quite some time with no issue : Grandstream GXP2170
- users are part of queues
Situation : the client needed 10 more phones for additionnal users and thus 10 new GXP2170 phones were bought and added to the 3CX config
Result :
- 6 phones asked directly at provisionning to be updated from the default firmware 1.0.11.46 (unsupported) to the supported firmware 1.0.11.35 (supported)
- 4 phones didn's ask and stayd at the unsupported firmware version
- the 6 phones that upgraded to the supported version are working perfectly and the 4 other are working in a very poor and unstable way (freeze, lost calls, cannot pick up at times,pick up a call by itself,...)
I tried to upgrade manually the phone to the supported version by downloading the supported firmware on https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/ then :
1 : direct upgrade
1.1 : logon to the phone
1.2 : I went to Maintenance - Upgrade and Provisioning then pressed the Start button for direct upgrade
1.3: I dragged and dropped the supported firmware downloaded previously
1.4 : failed result with message "recovery incomplete" on the phone during the upgrade process and no change regarding the firmware used on the phone
2 : https upgrade with settings used :
2.1 : Firmware Upgrade and Provisioning : Always check for new firmware
2.2 : Automatic Upgrade : Yes, check for upgrae every 60 minutes
2.3 : Start upgrade at random time : No
2.4 : Firmware Upgrade Confirmation : No
2.5 : Config - I didn't change the values and left TFTP with client.3cx.be:5001/provisioning/b0ufa5j3m5 and the credentials
2.6 : Firmware upgrade through https
2.7 : As Firmware Server Path I replaced client.3cx.be:5001/provisioning/b0ufa5j3m5/firmware/grandstream with downloads.3cx.com/downloads/v180/templates/firmwareupdates/grandstream
2.8 : I didn't put any credentials
2.9 : as Firmware file Prefix I did add gxp2170fw
2.10 : I pressed "Save and Apply" then "reboot" and ok
2.11 : the phone didn't reboot and stayed fully on, I tried multiple times through the web page and also by pressing the reboot option on the phone screen to no avail and thus in the end I unplugged the power cable to reboot it but the firmware didn't upgrade to the supported version.
2.12 I also tried to logon through putty to launch manually the upgrade (after switching tftp method (it should have been https as in the gui) to https then commit then upgrade but nothing happened either
3 : tftp upgrade with settings used :
same settings as point 2 except that I installed Tftpd64 server on a computer as advised by Grandstream doc and did put gxp2170fw.bin in the shared folder
3.1 : Firmware upgrade through TFTP method
3.2 : Firmware server path : 192.168.10.174 (ip of the computer with Tftpd64
3.3 : Firmware Prefix : gxp2170fw
3.4 : I tried again the "Save and Apply" then the "reboot" option of the gui but it didn't change and thus I unplugged the power and replugged it
3.5 : the firmware didn't upload and the logs of the tftp server gave the following relevant messages :
File <language.txt> : error 2 in system call CreateFile Le fichier spécifié est introuvable
Read request for file <agxp2170fw.bin>. Mode octet [05/11 12:59:13.886]
OACK: <tsize=44429760,blksize=512,timeout=1,> [05/11 12:59:13.887]
Using local port 65309 [05/11 12:59:13.887]
Peer returns ERROR <ize> -> aborting transfer [05/11 12:59:13.895]
3.6 : I also tried to manually launch the process though Putty SSH but to no avail (it was still in https with 3cx url and had to manually enter the settings)
4 3cx upgrade : I also tried to launch the upgrade process as advised on the 3CX console page in the Phones pages with the +Firmware option after selecting the devices but it didn't move at all, that's the first step I tried
Any help to get back this display asking for the firmware update when the phone is first added would be great or any help to put these firmware to a supported version and make them reliable would be nice too
Thanks for your help and any solution you might give me, I've been on this for days now and have nightmares about it.
Best regards,
Laurent
PS : In Systel I didn't find the license key used and active