• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Intercom

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulN

Trial User
Joined
Sep 29, 2020
Messages
44
Reaction score
1
What alert-header is sent on a intercom call?

I can’t get the polycom vvx411 phones to auto answer intercom calls
 
Hi Paul

The VVX411 can intercom normally when setup correctly. Please check the following conditions have been met:

  1. You are using an updated version of 3CX
  2. You are using default templates (not custom)
  3. The phone is using the latest supported firmware (6.3.0.14929) and has been factory reset
  4. The phone has been automatically provisioned exactly as per our guide
  5. Your extension and the VVX411 are members under the same user Group
  6. Your extension (the one making the call) has the right "Can Intercom" under the same Group that the VVX411 is a member of
  7. You have defined a Paging code under Settings > Dial Codes (must NOT overlap with other codes)
Once the above has been met, you can dial your paging code + VVX411 extension, and the phone will ring and automatically answer.


So for example in my PBX I have the paging code *11 and the VVX411 is extension 250.
I now dial *11250 and the VVX automatically answers and we have an intercom call as expected.
 
Thanks John, I’ll check out your method and see what happens
 
Hi Paul

The VVX411 can intercom normally when setup correctly. Please check the following conditions have been met:

  1. You are using an updated version of 3CX
  2. You are using default templates (not custom)
  3. The phone is using the latest supported firmware (6.3.0.14929) and has been factory reset
  4. The phone has been automatically provisioned exactly as per our guide
  5. Your extension and the VVX411 are members under the same user Group
  6. Your extension (the one making the call) has the right "Can Intercom" under the same Group that the VVX411 is a member of
  7. You have defined a Paging code under Settings > Dial Codes (must NOT overlap with other codes)
Once the above has been met, you can dial your paging code + VVX411 extension, and the phone will ring and automatically answer.


So for example in my PBX I have the paging code *11 and the VVX411 is extension 250.
I now dial *11250 and the VVX automatically answers and we have an intercom call as expected.
I’ve just tried that with the default template and that works fine. I was using a custom template to have distinctive ring tone for external calls. With those changes it’s obviously messed up the intercom functionality. I’ll compare the two templates to see if there’s something obvious that could cause problems
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us