• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Solved IP phones not showing extensions provisioned to Grandstream FXS Gateways

Status
Not open for further replies.

3CXfan

Customer
Joined
Sep 14, 2020
Messages
47
Reaction score
2
I am having an issue of all 64 activated extensions (green dot) not showing up on "All Contacts" listed on all my Fanvil and Yealink phones, despite provisioning all 64 of them successfully on 2 separate units of Grandstream GXW4232 FXS Gateways.

I can call these extensions from my IP phones just fine, and these analog extensions can call my IP phones too. But all 64 extension numbers are missing from IP phone's "All Contacts".

I have even re-provisioned the IP phones to ensure the new extensions are "copied" to the phones properly just in case this is due to Grandstreams and their extensions being provisioned AFTER the IP phones, but it makes no difference.

Is there a setting somewhere that I have to turn on? Or is this how 3CX normally behaves so I will have to manually go to the web interface of a dozen of my IP phones and manually type in 64 extensions EACH for these extensions to be available for DSS keys, quick dial etc??? :(

  • 3CX Version, Standard Annual 16.0.9
  • Server OS, Windows 10
  • Is the 3CX Server Hosted and where? Not Hosted
  • IP Phones:
    • Fanvil X210 v2.4.7
    • Fanvil X4 v2.4.7
    • Yealink W60B and W56H (latest 3CX firmware)
  • Provisioning Method: Local
  • Has the Firewall Checker passed: YES
  • Are custom Phone Templates being used: N
 
No matter what I do, I still can't get my 64 extensions provisioned on Grandstream GXW4232 to show up in "All Contacts" on my IP phones, even though all my IP phones and these Grandstream provisioned analog extensions can call each other just fine.

I also made sure they belong in the same "Groups" on 3CX Management Console, but the IP phones just won't recognize these analog extensions.:(

On the other hand, Web Client works perfectly, all these analog extensions show up on "All Groups" and the specific "Groups" :)

Is this a limitation of 3CX or something was not done right in provisioning/setting of Grandstream FXS Gateway or IP phones?
 
And No, the following options are NOT enabled either:

  • Access > "Block Presence Information in 3CX Apps / Web Client / Browser Extension"
  • Options > Hide this extension from 3CX company phonebook and 3CX apps

These analog extensions are still NOT showing up of any of my IP phones.
 
So are the IP phones making it into the address books?
 
So are the IP phones making it into the address books?
IP Phones themselves all are showing on all phones and web clients.

Just analog extensions connected via Gateway are NOT showing on phones, only on web clients — I really hope something is broken not another limitation of 3CX.
 
Any extension you create in the "Extensions" node in the 3CX Management Console should appear in the phonebook of IP Phones after you have provisioned them.

Could it be that the First/Last Name of the Extensions registered on the GXW4232 have special characters?
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/fanvil-x3-x5/#h.8owp0itk5r99
 
Any extension you create in the "Extensions" node in the 3CX Management Console should appear in the phonebook of IP Phones after you have provisioned them.

Could it be that the First/Last Name of the Extensions registered on the GXW4232 have special characters?
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/fanvil-x3-x5/#h.8owp0itk5r99
No, I do not have special characters in First/Last Name of the Extensions regsitered to GXW4232.

What else could be wrong?

Am I supposed to provision the Grandstreams BEFORE provisioning the IP phones? To eliminate this possible requirement, I already tried re-provisioning the IP phones and they are still not showing all the extensions registered to the Grandstreams.

Desperately need to get this working soon.
 
Well, it turns out leaving both First Name/Last Name blank would cause the extensions to not appear on provisioned phones.

I wish this was documented somewhere. Ensuring something is added to either First/Last Name or both can easily solve this problem.

On the other hand, I now have a difference issue of provisioned phones NOT adhering to the presence-related settings specified in Group Rights.

Unless Disabled, It seems ALL extensions will show up in "All Contacts" on IP phones, whereas Web Clients will only list extensions that enables "show presence to group members."

Is this because 3CX is designed to provision and make IP phones list all extensions? If yes, what is the rationale of this?
Is there a way to copy "Groups" created on 3CX onto IP Phones during provisioning, especially when I have multiple groups with different group rights?
 
Hi @3CXfan



Well, it turns out leaving both First Name/Last Name blank would cause the extensions to not appear on provisioned phones.

I wish this was documented somewhere. Ensuring something is added to either First/Last Name or both can easily solve this problem.

You are right, this is such a no brainer that we did not even think to ask whether you actually named your extensions!

On the other hand, I now have a difference issue of provisioned phones NOT adhering to the presence-related settings specified in Group Rights.

Unless Disabled, It seems ALL extensions will show up in "All Contacts" on IP phones, whereas Web Clients will only list extensions that enables "show presence to group members."

Is this because 3CX is designed to provision and make IP phones list all extensions? If yes, what is the rationale of this?
Is there a way to copy "Groups" created on 3CX onto IP Phones during provisioning, especially when I have multiple groups with different group rights?
Yes this is normal. To set the record straight, Presence is something entirely different and should not be confused with the Phonebook that is populated on the devices.

They are two separate concepts and do not follow each other's logic, and this is probably why you didn't think that they need names in the first place.

Glad to hear it was resolved!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3CXfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us