Keep Critical 3CX Extensions Always Available

Kevin Attard Compagno

Staff member
3CX Support
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
574
Reaction score
587

Prevent accidental DND, remove hidden status triggers and add a safe recovery path.​

A reception desk, security point, nurse station or emergency line cannot quietly disappear from call routing because somebody tapped Do Not Disturb (DND). This creates a straightforward admin challenge: how can selected extensions remain available without...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.
 
I had not thought about using a Ring Group. That's an interesting approach. I have not tested but I'm wondering if you could set the DND behavior to forward to a RG and check that box. That way, internal calls to the user's extension would hit the DND, reroute, and come back through the RG.

We're using a separate service, Controvo, currently to set a mission critical extension back to Available ever hour programmatically.
1790790083908.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: aholmes-think
As always the 3CX system provides lot's of ways to do things. The best way will always depend on the specifics.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT

Forum statistics

Threads
112,166
Messages
591,075
Members
165,203
Latest member
Loïc_EMB