Live chat CORS error

Status
Not open for further replies.

afomaverick

Platinum Distributor
Advanced Certified
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I'm trying to setup live chat on website, and it keeps giving the CORS error. I've whitelisted every possible variation of the website in my management console, I even tried with a direct link tag to the Click2talk URL but nothing works from the website. NB: I can access the link quite fine when it's not from the website. I've also tried to allow CORS from any origin ot the backend of the website. Any help would be appreciated please
Present error message is:
vendors~callus~livechat.d859b37f.chunk.js:2 DOMException: Blocked a frame with origin "https://mydomain.3cx.eu:5001" from accessing a cross-origin frame.
at s.authenticateFormSubmit (https://my3cxfqdn.3cx.com:5001/vendors~callus~livechat.d859b37f.chunk.js:2:666405)
at it (https://my3cxfqdn.3cx.com:5001/vendors~callus~livechat.d859b37f.chunk.js:2:272215)
at s.n (https://my3cxfqdn.3cx.com:5001/vendors~callus~livechat.d859b37f.chunk.js:2:273966)
at it (https://my3cxfqdn.3cx.com:5001/vendors~callus~livechat.d859b37f.chunk.js:2:272215)
at s.e.$emit (https://my3cxfqdn.3cx.com:5001/vendors~callus~livechat.d859b37f.chunk.js:2:294393)
at submit (https://my3cxfqdn.3cx.com:5001/vendors~callus~livechat.d859b37f.chunk.js:2:591126)
at submit (https://my3cxfqdn.3cx.com:5001/vendors~callus~livechat.d859b37f.chunk.js:2:593571)
at it (https://my3cxfqdn.3cx.com:5001/vendors~callus~livechat.d859b37f.chunk.js:2:272215)
at HTMLFormElement.n (https://my3cxfqdn.3cx.com:5001/vendors~callus~livechat.d859b37f.chunk.js:2:273966)
at HTMLFormElement.Nr.o._wrapper (https://my3cxfqdn.3cx.com:5001/vendors~callus~livechat.d859b37f.chunk.js:2:305253)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This error is usually caused by the website URL being set incorrectly within the live chat section of the management console, depending on the version of the PBX, if Sp7 this is found under Messaging > Live chat > under the section to specify the Website's URL, or if Sp6 under Settings > WordPress. Simply make sure that the entry is correct for the website URL, which includes the https://www.websiteurl.com, for example.
 
This error is usually caused by the website URL being set incorrectly within the live chat section of the management console, depending on the version of the PBX if Sp7 this is found under Messaging > Live chat > under the section to specify the Website's URL, or if Sp6 under Settings > WordPress. Simply make sure that the entry is correct for the website, which includes the https://www.websiteurl.com, for example.
Thank you. But as I stated before, the website is correctly set, I even set variations of it, just in case something is wrong, but it still gives the error
 
What is the website's URL? Please also include a screenshot of the section with the websites URL entered into the management console
 
Hi @afomaverick

To add to what my colleague wrote, also note that in the past this error has popped up when an antivirus (ie. Kaspersky) was blocking scripts from running on web pages, and disabling the antivirus immediately allowed the site to load normally. Mentioning this just in case this is affecting you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Charles_3CX

Attachments

  • live_chat.PNG
    live_chat.PNG
    5.5 KB · Views: 53
Hi @afomaverick

To add to what my colleague wrote, also note that in the past this error has popped up when an antivirus (ie. Kaspersky) was blocking scripts from running on web pages, and disabling the antivirus immediately allowed the site to load normally. Mentioning this just in case this is affecting you.
Thank you. But this doesn't affect me as I do not use Kaspersky, nor do I think any anti virus is blocking scripts
 
You only actually need one entry for the website in the management console, copy and paste the following and press ok, re-enable the chat in WordPress removing the link that opens a new tab to the direct call-us page.

https://www.oakpensions.com/
 
You only actually need one entry for the website in the management console, copy and paste the following and press ok, re-enable the chat in WordPress removing the link that opens a new tab to the direct call-us page.

https://www.oakpensions.com/
Alright, I'll do that now and let you know if it works
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,963
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe