Solved Live Chat Javascript Error in tcx-fa.min.js

Status
Not open for further replies.

François Lepage

Customer
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
34
Reaction score
2
I'm trying to install the 9.3.1 Live Chat plugin on Wordpress to work along with my 3CX instance.

When activating the plugin, javascript on the site gets broken. The error seems to be comming from the tcx-fa.min.js file, distributed with the plugin.

I've tried disabling minification, followed by a full site wide cache purge, but the error keeps comming back when the plugin is activated. Here the message :

JavaScript:
tcx-fa.min.js?ver=9.3.1:1 Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'observe' on 'MutationObserver': parameter 1 is not of type 'Node'.
    at Gt (tcx-fa.min.js?ver=9.3.1:1)
    at tcx-fa.min.js?ver=9.3.1:1

I had enabled the 3CX Live Chat before with the previous version of the plugin, and it worked ok. I'm confident that the plugin configuration parameters are correct. However, I'm unclear about callus.js when using the plugin (quite honestly, I do find the documentation to be a bit confusing). I did attempts with and whitout having callus.js at the root of the site, not exactly knowing if the plugin was injecting it or not by itself. Right now, it is present at /callus.js and has proper UNIX permissions.

Other symptoms is that the chat box does not show up at all, despite having agents logged-in the corresponding queue.

Help would be appreciated.

Thank you
 
So I now understand that 3CX can host for you the callus.js on a CDN or you can host it yourself and be responsible for updates. I think adding this to the documentation would really help (it's clear from the code wizard perspective, that's how I found out).

As of my issue, I was able to make things work on a staging site, but I can't exactly tell what wasn't right on the production site.

This thread can be closed. Thank you.
 
Hi!

It is most likely some other plugin that it is conflicting and causing this.
Could you possibly give us a list of plugins that you have installed on your website?
Also, in a PM, could you send me your website that you are trying to activate the plugin on?
 
Hello, I still don't know what was not right with the plugin, but I'm embedding it right now and it works good. I prefer this solution anyways to adding another plugin in the wordpress installation.

However, I do find the plugin to be a good documentation source for availaible options and parameters. For instance, language setting "lang", which is not described anywhere else.

Thanks for your help.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NickD_3CX
Excellent!
Glad you got it working! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us