Live chat not taking spacebar input

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelpTucsonDWest

New User
Joined
Jun 3, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello All,

I have setup Live Chat on my website and everything seems functional. Messages go through and hit my message box. When I open live chat on the site and go to type in a message, it does not take spaces and scrolls down the page instead. So text will show up as "Hello,MynameisPablo". How do I resolve this issue?

Thank you for your responses in advance.
 
Issue has been resolved. Turning off minify Theme javascript file and smooth scrolling enabled me to use spaces in the live chat.
 
Hi, I have pretty much the same issue on one of my sites. My wordpress site is fine but the other site where the code block is pasted in
no space bar input
arrow keys are also not working on the live chat.

I have only found this using Google Chrome on a Mac. Using Safari or Firefox it works fine. However I can't really say to users use a different browser or change the website design in order to fix the issue. Obviously it must be an interaction with existing code that's part of the page but I don't know how to avoid this interaction.

best regards
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon