Mobile-Friendly Administration Interface for iOS Safari

Nick - SPN Co

Platinum Partner
Joined
Feb 18, 2024
Messages
45
Reaction score
46
I'd love to see some improvements to the Management Console experience on mobile devices, particularly iPhone using Safari.

It is doable at the moment but it can be difficult to use when you need to make a quick change while away from your desk. In practice, even simple administrative tasks often end up requiring a laptop.

Some examples include:
  • Changing extension forwarding rules
  • Checking trunk status
  • Viewing system alerts
  • Managing queue members
  • Checking active calls
  • Performing basic troubleshooting
As a partner, there are plenty of situations where a customer needs an urgent change after hours, while travelling, or when I'm on-site elsewhere. Often the actual fix takes less than a minute, but accessing and navigating the admin console from a phone can be difficult.

I'm not suggesting the full desktop experience needs to be replicated on mobile. Even a streamlined mobile-friendly view focused on the most common support and administration tasks would be incredibly valuable.

I'd imagine this would be the case for many partners, 3CX is a platform that's managed remotely every day. Better mobile administration would make it easier to respond quickly when a laptop isn't available and help reduce the time it takes to resolve simple customer issues.
 
Upvote 1

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us