• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

moving phones to a different subnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

carl313

New User
Joined
May 23, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have a small office using 3CX hosted PBX that was setup on the LAN behind a firewall. I would like to isolate the phones on a different subnet. The SBC is on the 10.10.xx.xx subnet and I would use 192.168.xx.xx subnet for the phones. I can ping the SBC from the new subnet. Could anyone explain/help me with the process moving and provisioning the phones on the new subnet?
 
Put the sbc on the same network, you will have to change the sbc server IP address to correct IP address range. check it is registered in 3cx management console

Move the phones to the same network.

within 3cx management , for each extension change the sbc server address - reboot the phones and everything should work

One thing I would ask, as you have a small office why do you want to go thru the hassle and move the phones to another network ?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
One thing I would ask, as you have a small office why do you want to go thru the hassle and move the phones to another network ?
Basically this. And just as an FYI:
- Your subnet will still need internet access, otherwise provisioning, phonebooks, firmware updates will all fail.
- The SBC should be in the same subnet as the phones otherwise expect audio issues and provisioning issues.
- The SBC will also fail if there is no internet access in that subnet (mentioning it in case you were planning on cutting internet access).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,962
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe