• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Multiple Phones / Same Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfredo Perez

SOHO User
Advanced Certified
Joined
Oct 16, 2022
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Hello,

I'm testing setting up multiple IP phones with the same extension.

I'm using 1 yealink T21P-E2, 1 Polycom VVX410 and 1 Polycom VVX 600.

All of them have registered correctly, I can make phone calls, but I can't plug in more than 1 at the same time.

The second phone trying to register would fail. How can I make this work ?

Thanks in advance,
 
Sounds like you are using stun with all phones on the same lan. Make sure to follow the stun instructions properly.
 
Yes, they are in the same LAN. (I was testing). The polycoms don't have a STUN option, just LAN or SBC.

Should I install an SBC ?
 
I don’t think the old poly phones support sbc. Best to replace.
 
You can have as many phones as you want on a single extension, that's not a problem.

If you have some phones that don't register then they must be facing some kind of issue.

If you want to test this though, do it on a Local 3CX server. If you were testing with a cloud/hosted/remote server, then that would explain why you were having issues registering some of the devices.
 
You can have as many phones as you want on a single extension, that's not a problem.

If you have some phones that don't register then they must be facing some kind of issue.

If you want to test this though, do it on a Local 3CX server. If you were testing with a cloud/hosted/remote server, then that would explain why you were having issues registering some of the devices.
Thank you for your reply.

The PBX is on the cloud, it's not behind a firewall. After I installed the SBC, the phones were provisioned properly.

But I still can't make 2 phones to register at the same time. I have to disconnect one to allow the other to register.

Seems like the issue is that the phones are in the same local network. Still testing.
 
It should not make a difference. Each phone is a separate endpoint registering its own session (even if they both belong to the same extensions).

Make sure you have the latest firmware from our website, and factory reset them before provisioning (to ensure defaults).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us