Need help configuring a GrandStream HT881

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessicaNN_Tech

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Apr 28, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
We are working a government project and they don't allow SIP trunks yet and hand-off POTS lines only so we got a GrandStream HT881 but I can't get incoming or outgoing calls to work. I can get it to register with 3CX but that's it. The manual is basally useless and I can't find any example configs that work. I've done a packet capture, but the GrandStream isn't sending the incoming call to 3CX; it's just taking the call from FXO1 and sending it to FXS1 even thought that profile is disabled. I have a ticket open w/ GrandStream but very poor communication. Struggling a bit here and need help. Thanks in advance.
 
Thanks, but that is for FXS ports (extensions) and I'm doing FXO (trunks). The Grandstream documentation is poor at best for these and tech support is only via email. I've used the HT801's before without issue so that's why I picked the HT881 for this project but it just doesn't work. Maybe they released it too soon. But at this point, I'm giving up on Grandsteram and returning it. Won't use them going forward either for FXS because of their lack of support. Thanks!
 
Use a patton device is my recommendation (for FXO)
 
I was given the requirement of needing to use this model for a project with 3CX. Has anyone figured this out? I'm on V20 so it's missing features that V18 had in this area.
 
Thanks, but that is for FXS ports (extensions) and I'm doing FXO (trunks). The Grandstream documentation is poor at best for these and tech support is only via email. I've used the HT801's before without issue so that's why I picked the HT881 for this project but it just doesn't work. Maybe they released it too soon. But at this point, I'm giving up on Grandsteram and returning it. Won't use them going forward either for FXS because of their lack of support. Thanks!
I just finish configuring grand stream HT841, are still interesting this setup
 
  • Like
Reactions: steliosf
Is this using a locally hosted PBX? Are you trying to use one, or, more than one PSTN line on the gateway?
 
Yes it will be a locally hosted pbx and i will try to use 4 PSTN lines on this gateway
 
I need to use at least 6 lines. Locally hosted PBX. I’ve tried a ton of things and tried comparing to the only supported FXO model but still nothing. Doesn’t help that V20 seems to be missing a lot of features when adding a gateway. I wish I hadn’t upgraded. May have been more successful.
 
i will use the 18 windows enter. version.
 
You say the the gateway is registering, which is all well and good, but to send a call to the gateway the trunk must be datafilled with the IP of the gateway and the port. If you are using four ports, then you will treat it as a group (single port), and outgoing calls will use whichever PSTN line that gateway chooses, some do allow a choice by using a prefix in the outbound rules, and I can't remember if the Grandstream does that or not.

The alternative is to create multiple trunk groups, assign each PSTN line a unique port number on the gateway, then use the IP, and that port to direct the call to the PSTN line you wish to use.

Concentrate on getting outbound calls working first as that is usually the easiest to accomplish. Use the 3CX Activity Log for clues as to why it isn't working.

Unfortunately, for those that still need to use them, PSTN gateways are a low priority these days.
 
Last edited:
I'm at the point where the gateway is receiving the call from the PBX but I'm getting 486 "Busy Here" response from the Gateway. I see one FXO line is "Idle" so I don't understand why it won't seize the line. I've searched endlessly to try to get some answers but coming up blank. With the only supported FXO gateway discontinued, I really need to get this one working. Going to take a break for now, but if anyone has any thoughts please let me know. Thanks so much.
 
I have managed to get simultaneously 2 incoming calls but i only 1 outgoing. Is there any tip to enable a second outgoing call?
 

m2av... the "Busy here" may be the result of a call attempt out on a non-connected (zero volts)PSTN line. The gateway must also be instructed as to how many, of the available trunks, it is to use. I believe that it is the setting to do with "Hunting".​

 
I finished it. Now i have 2 incoming and 2 outgoing. It had to do with grandstream's settings in Port Settings\FXO Ports.
 

m2av... the "Busy here" may be the result of a call attempt out on a non-connected (zero volts)PSTN line. The gateway must also be instructed as to how many, of the available trunks, it is to use. I believe that it is the setting to do with "Hunting".​

Exactly. Part of mine problem solved in "Hunting Group"
 
Hello, I am having this same problem. My trunk is online but when I try to call I always get a Busy response, I have tried many FXO options without success. Could you please help me find out what worked for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,141
Messages
590,936
Members
165,158
Latest member
ascheney74