• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

np.normal.ringing.calls.tonePattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulN

Trial User
Joined
Sep 29, 2020
Messages
44
Reaction score
1
I am trying to centrally provision the default ringtone on the Polycom VVX411 series phone.

From the polycom admin manual the way to do this is with :-

np.normal.ringing.calls.tonePattern="ringer4"

I entered the following in a custom template :-

<np
np.normal.ringing.calls.tonePattern="ringer4"/>
</np>

This makes no difference to the ringtone already selected on the phone when reprovision the phone.

Has anybody out there had any success with this situation?
 
Hi PaulN,

Just to be sure, did you edit the polycomvvx.ph.xml file? or just a custom random template?
 
Hi PaulN,

Just to be sure, did you edit the polycomvvx.ph.xml file? or just a custom random template?
Hi MichelA,

I edited the polycomvvx.ph.xml file.

only changes I’ve made is for adding custom ringtones and the custom ringtone used for external calls
 
Hi PaulN,

What I would try is to set this ringtone in one phone, and then download the config file of this phone to see if the setting from your admin manual is correct. If not, use the setting from the phone's config file instead.
 
Thanks, I’ll try that and report back on findings
 
Hi PaulN,

What I would try is to set this ringtone in one phone, and then download the config file of this phone to see if the setting from your admin manual is correct. If not, use the setting from the phone's config file instead.
I have got the following information from the phone config file :-

In the PHONE_LOCAL section is the following :-

np.normal.ringing.calls.tonePattern="ringer4"

np.normal.ringing.toneVolume.chassis="6"

voIpProt.SIP.PnP.provisioning="1"

reg.1.ringType="ringer4"

I copied this into the custom polycom template on 3CX (changing the ringtone to ringer 8 and volume to -30) and reprovisioned the phone.

In CONFIG_FILES section I now have :-

np.normal.ringing.calls.tonePattern="ringer8"

np.normal.ringing.toneVolume.chassis="-30"



In PHONE_LOCAL still have :-

np.normal.ringing.calls.tonePattern="ringer4"

np.normal.ringing.toneVolume.chassis="6"

voIpProt.SIP.PnP.provisioning="1"

reg.1.ringType="ringer4"

I suspect that the local phone settings are overriding the config from 3CX upon provisioning.

I need to look more into this, but if you have any suggestions MichelA feel free to reply
 
Hi @telecomuser ,

Did your read the following article : https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/v15-finding-provisioning-files/

The last paragraph in particular seems to me to contain some interesting information (I do not have any experience with Polycom - so I am steering somewhat blind in this case, but I do want to help you find a solution) :

Note: If you make changes to a provisioning file and/or supply your phone with a custom template, remember that the Management console caches the template state at startup. Any changes made after the start of the service to the templates is not known to the service and a cached version of the template is generated. A restart of the “Management Console Service (3CXMC01)” is required to reload your changes and issue the latest version of configuration files. Side note from the support policies: debugging in support cases of IP phones can only be done while the phone is running the stock provisioning template made by 3CX…
 
The last paragraph in particular seems to me to contain some interesting information (I do not have any experience with Polycom - so I am steering somewhat blind in this case, but I do want to help you find a solution) :

Note: If you make changes to a provisioning file and/or supply your phone with a custom template, remember that the Management console caches the template state at startup. Any changes made after the start of the service to the templates is not known to the service and a cached version of the template is generated. A restart of the “Management Console Service (3CXMC01)” is required to reload your changes and issue the latest version of configuration files. Side note from the support policies: debugging in support cases of IP phones can only be done while the phone is running the stock provisioning template made by 3CX…
Usually this isn't needed if you are copying the template from the Management Console --> Settings --> Templates, and not copying files manually (that you should avoid anyway).
But, if in doubt, you can restart the "Management Console" service.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us