Solved Out of hour Chat (non WP) version

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewso

Customer
Joined
Mar 23, 2020
Messages
41
Reaction score
13
I raised a question re. an out of hours options or the ability to at least inform a customer that there is no one to answer their chat....

The answer that was given related to the call function - that if pressed would say that there is no one available.... BUT if it is out of hours on one assigns the chat to themselves so the customer doesn't see the telephone icon so they will never get the message.

This make the online chat unworkable because we do not want to irritate our customers.

Is this going to be fixed in a future release as I will have to reluctantly remove the chat feature from our website until this is available.....

Many thanks
 
Hi hewso,

There is no problem here with the software if I understand what you are saying, you say "BUT if it is out of hours on one assigns the chat to themselves":

If your Queue Agents are doing things they shouldn't be doing, you need someone to talk to the Agents, not more software options.
That is why you can assign a Queue Manager user, so that they can monitor what the agents are doing.
 
you have mis understood what i was saying - probably my fault.

I meant that the call option is only visible once an agent assigns the chat to themselves.

i.e. the customer is not aware that there is nobody available to answer there web chat and is left hanging.... and the option of presenting a message if the customer clicks on the phone icon when it will never be presented as there is no agents available out of hours.

ps. I have assigned a queue manager user. I have raised another query relating to that....
 
Hi @hewso,

If the hours are set in the management console, and the agents are logged out of the queue, then the chat bubble will appear with a red dot, stating the out of office message as shown below:

1612180574528.png
If you click the Q button in the Web Client, the blue colour (logged in) will change to grey (logged out) and all messages should appear as offline messages.
 
ok clear. I will test ASAP.

Many thanks
 
this case can be closed now, many thanks for your assistance
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us