• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Polycom VVX411 Losing it's Server Credentials

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickMcLeanCI

Free User
Advanced Certified
Joined
Sep 7, 2021
Messages
27
Reaction score
3
I have several VVX411's deployed across several locations but I have 2 in particular in one location that seem to be losing their server ID and password credentials overnight. The provisioning server details stay in, but I'll get a call in the morning that the phones are offline and when I check they have a blank username and password field. After putting the credentials back in and rebooting they come up fine and stay working all day.
 
I believe the VPN connection is going offline every night, do the phones not reprovision automatically?
 
Ignore the provisioning entirely - this is not what causes the problem you described. The VPN is the important part here.

If you are using a VPN and it is going down, then this would be reason enough for the phones to stop working and require a reboot to come back. We have seen this happen with other brands like Yealink too, so it's a networking matter.

Find a way to either prevent the VPN from going down, or to reboot the phones automatically once a day.

You could also potentially reboot the switch on a daily schedule if you cannot fix the VPN issue.
 
Ok thank you I will look into it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon