• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Poor voice quality using 3cx desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

tspjoker

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Currently testing a few calls to clients for testing before the port number stage, I noticed if I try to call the PSTN line, sometimes noticed the voice quality becomes very poor
and sometimes the voice of the conversation gets caught, and some glitches as well. so is that something problem a 3cx hosted problem??? and also is any other way i can take a look and
be able to fix it? because 3cx does not explain or tell me what up and down internet speed as a requirement setting up.

Hello @tspjoker,

We are sorry to hear that there is an issue with your 3CX PBX.

Note that from our side, the 3CX Hosted machine seems fine.
CPU, Memory, Hard Disk and Networking - everything seems normal with your PBX.
Also services are up and running no evidence for any abnormality of the Hosted machine.

Can you please check if there is an issue with your Trunk Provider?
Also, can you please perform an echo test using *777 to troubleshoot any call quality issues?

If there is no issue with your Trunk Provider please open a support ticket to escalate it further.

Last edited by a moderator:
IDK it appears to be the only problem with the windows desk app when I am trying to call cellule device PSTN and the place has a shitty phone line..but it appears to be fine. just some time it's drop out the voice..

@tspjoker as we discussed at the ticket, since on the internal calls you do not have the issue and you only have with your Provider, this eliminates the endpoints and the PBX.
As we discussed, the best thing you can do is to start wireshark on the PBX side, make some calls, replicate the issue and give it to your provider in order to check the issue on their side.

Reactions: StavrosA_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.