• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Problem with RC1 making calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so it worked for a little while, problem back.

I give up....

Broadvoice is no help, all they said is there is a sip stack issue and they do not support 3cx, If I had Asterisk it would be different....

Googly Mookly...

Damn,

We will find a solution for sure, I will not be able to help you for the next few days (sorry) just had a bit of a boo boo on my PowerEdge (this runs the whole estate network ) so I need to fix that first and that will take me a few days (between my real job and hobby).

But I think you are onto something, I think you have have to look in the area of disconnect and hangup configuration. Your dial plan is obvious ok, but can you configure your hang up (on and off hook etc?)

So disconnect tones and the like?

Based upon your pattern
Once I am able to make a successful call, the next call will result in a fast busy signal, the following call will be successful, then the next call will result in a fast busy signal and so forth.

At antime, if I can not make an outbound call, I can dial an internal extension hang up and then make a successful out bound call.

it looks like you have to "wake it up" and than you can make a call but it does not go to sleep fast enough either.

Its weird I have to do some reading up on that :).

Now it is time for a glass of red :).

Day 5 still same issues.... 3cx support anyone have any ideas?

Any use another provider besides Broadvoice in the US? (just in case.....)

I"m currently out of town so I'm not able to get my digit map for you. I believe its the default. It was a used Polycom, but I performed a default reset. Try dialing the number, then hit the dial button and see if that works. All with the handset still in the cradle. I have seen that issue and it normally is the digit map.

dekatech said:
Day 5 still same issues.... 3cx support anyone have any ideas?

Any use another provider besides Broadvoice in the US? (just in case.....)

Hi,

Please, provide our 3CXSupport with latest settings and logs and we'll investigate them to solve your problem.

I have sent an email to support with the logs from three different days of testing. Same problem.....

Just loaded up last beta v5 everything is working great!

How come v5 works but RC1 does not?

LOOK HERE!

Ok,

To understand what I am about to write please look at this earlier thread regarding the last Beta Version

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=907&highlight=voice+mail+working

Now that you have read the earlier thread we can discuss how I got this to work. Keep in mind I am still testing and for the most part it is working, most issues I am having now, like reorders and echos are more than likely provider issues, although after the week I have had getting RC1 to work I rule nothing out.

As you can tell by the above thread, I was told to remove two entries from the registry, as I asked and was told "these entries only get populated on an install" These entries do not get restored on an UPGRADE.

The entries are msLocalInterface and msExternalInterface.

When I loaded up the last beta and ran a reg comparrison between the RC! and Beta 5 versions, there were some differences. The two registry entries I mentioned being one glaring one. I created the two entries in my RC1 (upgraded from Beta 5) with the ip address of the 3CX server (LAN IP) for both entries. I noticed that calls were still being terminated, but with one notable exception The extension was at least being accessed. So I looked at my dev environment config.....

T1 router with a static route for an external (WAN) IP > static local IP of the 3CX server

I deduced that changing the msExternalInterface to the Wan IP would allow for the connection to be made to the provider and the connection to be made from the extension (Both turning oragnge in the line status page).

Bingo, I have been testing successfully (more or less) for the last few hours.

The one issue remaining is when a call to an extension is made and voice mail is set to pick up, the call is terminated after going to 999. In other words voice mail is not picking up. I will post this as a new thread..

This was painful to find. Are there developer notes anywhere discussing the registry values coupled with any other pertinant info??? Just Curious...

I REALLY hope this helps someone else save time....Of course I may be the only one who removed these settings :lol:

Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.