• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Provisioning defaults?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noord

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Nov 25, 2015
Messages
244
Reaction score
168
I have been ‘frustrated’ with this for a while now and I haven’t found a good solution yet, so it‘s time to ask here :)

When setting up a new phone, you can select some things in the Management Console, for example time/date-format, blind or attended transfer, phone language, codecs and a few things more.

Is it possible at all to change the default settings for new phones?
I need to manually change this for every new phone I add. Of course I know custom templates, but they have many disadvantages so I try to keep away from them as far as possible.
 
Last edited:
Simply answer is no, the 3cx templates will only modify the settings in the template.

If you modify a settings manually via the phone gui, and the 3cx template does not reference this settings - the settings will not change.

The other option is custom templates, which are not supported by 3cx
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Perhaps I did not explain correctly what I meant. Or I don't fully understand your answer correctly.

There are some phone settings that are available in the 3CX Gui; the default templates are modified 'on the fly' with those settings, for example, the language of the phone or the codecs used.
But as it is, I need to manually select these options I want for each and every new phone I provision.
It would be useful if I could set-up default values somehow
 
I understand your question now

The system does not have the function of default settings for new phones,
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,963
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe