Question about changing provisioning link

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatano

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
May 31, 2018
Messages
103
Reaction score
22
Last night we switched our 1024SC system from Windows Server to the official 3CX Debian build with a restore. The one issue that came up, that we have never seen from a Windows to Windows restore is the provisioning folder value change. Before I change the provisioning folder value back to our old version, I want to make sure that it is acceptable and will not cause any system issues.

We have over 1000 phones on our hotdesk system. Manually updating the provisioning link for all those phones would be extremely tedius.

To be clear, I want to update the parameter PROVISIONING_FOLDER to our previously value, which has been in place for the past 3+ years.

Thank you in advance for the feedback.
 
Be sure to put a ticket in if you haven't already. I can't say that I've changed the provisioning path before but I don't see it being an issue.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jmatano
Just an update. Switching the parameter worked. I copied down the new provisioning folder address to make a backup. Made a copy of the folder on the server and renamed it to the old parameter. Restarted Nginx. Worked perfectly. Just in case for anyone else wondering.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NikosT_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock