- Joined
- Jun 14, 2022
- Messages
- 8
- Reaction score
- 1
Good morning to all,
I am looking for guidance or anyone else's experience with something similar. We have a client with extensions that span from the 100s to 900s without much rhyme or reason between the extension numbering. We are looking to re-do the extensions so that specific groups are within a specific set of extensions, for example one location in the 100s, another in the 200s, so on and so forth. I know we aren't able to just change the extensions and be done, we'll have to delete the extension and recreate it with the proper extension number.
Right now, I'm thinking my best option is to export the user list, update the extension numbers, delete all the current extensions, then import the updated extensions back in. This will most likely lead me to have to re-do the ring groups and departments, which isn't the biggest deal, but something to think about.
I wanted to see if anyone else has done something similar and if I'm on the right path or if there's a better way to do this.
Any thoughts or things to consider would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
I am looking for guidance or anyone else's experience with something similar. We have a client with extensions that span from the 100s to 900s without much rhyme or reason between the extension numbering. We are looking to re-do the extensions so that specific groups are within a specific set of extensions, for example one location in the 100s, another in the 200s, so on and so forth. I know we aren't able to just change the extensions and be done, we'll have to delete the extension and recreate it with the proper extension number.
Right now, I'm thinking my best option is to export the user list, update the extension numbers, delete all the current extensions, then import the updated extensions back in. This will most likely lead me to have to re-do the ring groups and departments, which isn't the biggest deal, but something to think about.
I wanted to see if anyone else has done something similar and if I'm on the right path or if there's a better way to do this.
Any thoughts or things to consider would be much appreciated.
Thanks!