• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Ring Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again Matthijs.

Sadly, it looks like there are only three of us (with nateb) who think it should be available.

More fundamentaly, why can the extension take a ring group call, but can then take an internal call, but not two ring group calls.

Phil

Ah good, was getting worried then.. stefkle

Just wish I knew why there is a reluctance to not put it back in.

Phil

We just made a fix. Now extension's settings will be used for Busy detection. If it is set to "Phone status" for the member of RG - it will receive second call.
Is it OK?

You are a 'superman' Archie.

Is the fix available to download?

Phil

Philco said:
You are a 'superman' Archie.

Is the fix available to download?

Phil

Not yet, but will be available quite soon. We need to fully test it first (it was not the only change).

Thank you Archie, very much appreciated.

Phil

Thank you very much!

Has anyone tried the latest version and does this work.

It doesnt on my test system.

Phil

Philco said:
Has anyone tried the latest version and does this work.

It doesnt on my test system.

Phil

I also cannot see the function. All members of the ring group "use phone status" as busy detection. There is no option for the ring group.

Am I missing something?

I'm not sure what option your looking at there Matt, but I find that the busy condition options are ignored completely.

Phil

Philco said:
I'm not sure what option your looking at there Matt, but I find that the busy condition options are ignored completely.

Phil
Hi Philco,

There isn't an option about busy detection at the ring group. So I configured the busy detection of each member. It is indeed ignored.

Hope they will come with an working update soon..

Ah yes indeed.

Phil

Set
[General]
allowUseBusyOptForGroup=1

By default it is 0

Sorry, wheres that Archie?

Phil

Philco said:
Sorry, wheres that Archie?

Phil

I guess 3CXPhoneSystem.ini but I'm not sure... After the change, I also think you need to restart your phonesystem.

Please let me know if it works Phil, I'm not able to try it before next week.

Matthijs

HI Matthijs, I cant see an entry in the ini file.

The [General] that Archie mentions is throwing me a little too, as though it should be an option in General!!

I really hope we dont have to set this option by having to edit a file. I still dont know why the option was ever removed, if it was that important to remove it.

Phil

Philco said:
I really hope we dont have to set this option by having to edit a file. I still dont know why the option was ever removed, if it was that important to remove it.

Phil

Hear Hear.

Given that the only way to "update" to 4510 is to uninstall then re-install, you'd think that a new setting in the INI file could at least be included in the newly installed INI file.

It's great that 3CX is fixing bugs like this (or at least re-introducing removed functionality), but I firmly believe the next release needs to be a stability release - which does allow for upgrades without uninstall reinstall cycles, adds all optional settings to INI files (preferably with comments) and sets them to their default values, returns settings to the web GUI, etc.

While it is great to see the list of phones supported for provisioning increase to include the SPA941/2s I'm using, I can't use provisioning because I don't have a licence, and I can't get a licence until I can demonstrate that v5 is stable and reliable and supportable - and a two hour outage while I do an backup / uninstall / re-install / restore - even if on the weekend - is not reliable and supportable.

Ok Archie this option is not in the ini file was it forgotten?

Should we add it?

Ok, I have added it in the 3cxsystem.ini file (in BIN)

Yes Matthijs it works fine. so far with my tests.

Phil

any update to this topic? I really would like this feature fixed. It's causing us problems as both operators are on calls and can't see that there is another call coming in.

Hi Weebnuts, this is fixed in V5.1 if you adjust the ini file and in V6 it should be ok.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.