• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Unsupported Samsung officeserv i5210 with 3cx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techman567

New User
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

I have a Samsung officeserv i5210 phone that I would like to use with 3cx can it be done, how would I go about doing this step by step.

Any help would be amazing :)

Many thanks
 
Hi @Techman567,

You'll be configuring an unsupported model, which is not advised as you may not get the expected functions to work with 3CX. I'd suggest having a look at our supported models here: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

If it is a SIP phone, it may be configurable, but since it's unsupported you'd have to configure this yourself.
 
@VasilisV_3CX

Hi there how would I go about configuring the samsung phone what menus etc. I understand it will be harder since it is not officially supported. I would be so great full if anyone can help :)
 
Last edited:
Hi @Techman567,

As it's unsupported I'm afraid I have no experience in setting up the Samsung device. I'll leave this open as maybe some of our partners have had to try to get this working in the past.
 
Unless you can find evidence that this is a SIP compliant set, and/or SIP firmware is available for download, then it is probably a proprietary phone.

Reading over the manual,

https://actelcommunication.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/smti5210actel.pdf

it would appear that it is designed to work with the Samsung OfficeServ 7000 system, which also provisions the set.

If someone has attempted to make it work with SIP, then it is probably in conjunction with Asterisk, you may want to do a (Google) search, with that in mind.
 
Last edited:
In that attached thread, Nick actually goes over what should probably go into each of the fields.

If you are going to attempt to manually provision an unsupported set, it is hoped that, you at the least, have a basic understanding of SIP, and know what information is required (and where it goes), for a set to register, given the information, that 3CX provides, when you create a new extension.

You might want to have a read through this, as a starting point...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_Initiation_Protocol

Unless the originator of that thread (or someone else, familiar with the Samsung set), comes forward, with more information, on how they made out, you are probably on your own, to do some trial and error.

If you are not using a locally hosted 3CX, then the set would also probably have to support STUN, which I suspect it won't.

​

 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us