Unsupported SIP Truck unsupported

Status
Not open for further replies.

awfcadmin

Free User
Joined
Sep 8, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I running version 18.0 (Build 965). I created a SIP truck and added all the DIDs that the company owns from Spectrum. I created an inbound rule for each DID as they should route to a different office. When the call comes in it only route to the extension that I had to select during the SIP trunk setup. I even tried direct dialing using the digital receptionist, and that did not work either. Not sure what I am missing
 
Either enable verbose logging and check the activity log or perform a packet capture while calling in to see why the routing isn't working. Typically it's because your DIDs are not formatted to match what the provider is sending.
 
I assume you have resolved this by now but in case anyone else comes across it...

I had the same issue. It says to add DIDs with +1 for the US which caused me to have to select the same +1 DID number for Inbound Rules. I couldn't get any of the Inbound Rules to work other than the default "Route to" in the SIP Trunk configuration. It didn't matter what I tried until I put an * in place of the +1. Everything worked fine after that. We have just under 100 numbers from the same SIP provider but 6 of them I could not get to work unless I did the same thing. They didn't have +1 they just had the 1 but replacing the 1 with a * worked.
 
By using the wildcard * in place of the +1 and having that work means that the provider is not sending +1 proceeding the number. While this is a solution that is used by many, it means that making use of the Activity Log, to see exactly what is being sent, as mentioned previously, is probably a good idea. Don't simply assume the format of the DID being sent.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,141
Messages
590,936
Members
165,158
Latest member
ascheney74