SSO and extension line selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevolvingRob

Free User
Joined
May 25, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi Team,
I've been reading about the V18 release and it seems to be pretty exciting.

I have a 3CX hosted PBX where we have multiple offices on multiple extension ranges on the same box - it took some doing with outbound rules, contact groups and call queues but has worked great so far.
The timing control on the Call Flow App has been working great for office cutovers and timed redirections.

We are now looking at SSO. In the configuration, the only way to control the extension number is to specify the starting number.

Can this work with multiple extension ranges on the same box?
Is there an alternate configuration where users can be added then wait to be assigned the extension number?
Or am I doing this completely wrong and each branch should have their own instance?
or should I pick the largest extension range I have and start there? (prefer not to do this)

Any insight would be appreciated.
 
There is no way to control this as there can only be one starting extension number specified for user sync. But if you already have the extensions created in 3cx and have specified their 365 email addresses in each of the extensions settings, you can enable the user sync for them to sync changes made in their 365 accounts to reflect back to the 3cx extension settings. SSO can be enabled and can work without the actual extension being created first via user sync.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NickD_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.