Strange behaviour (Bugs?) in 3CX V20U9 (and earlier) (Unexpected recordings & Not registered in panel view)

RonaldVanhove

Premier Customer
Joined
Mar 13, 2024
Messages
22
Reaction score
9
1. Recordings
We tested the call-recordings (earlier this year), and while working fine, I had to disable it because of my company-policy.
But I still see calls being recorded and showing up in the admin\recordings.

I double and triple-checked everything and I’m sure that recordings are disabled throughout 3CX.

2. Not registered in queues.
Some users tell me and showed me that while they are logged on, and are available in the queues where they need to be, sometimes on irregular times, they see that they show up as not registered in the queues.

They notice it only when they ask themselves why they don’t get called.
Then they see it in the agents status of the panel view, that they have the gray colour, while their avatar still shows the green icon. (And they didn’t logout from the queues)


What can be the reason for this?
I also feel that both issues are related to the same users/department.
What can I check or do to correct this?
 
1. Users are still able to toggle recordings on/off. Only in 3CX AI edition can you prevent users doing this. https://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/features/

1791189124660.png

2. Not registered isnt related to queues, they're either logged in or out. Assuming this is web client they're logging into? You need to check you've turned on notifications in the browser to show up as registered.


https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/browser-pwa-permissions/
 
  • Like
Reactions: NikosT_3CX
@RonaldVanhove to add on top what @Alphabetic mentioned for the Recordings, in U10 even if in the extensions you have option " Can start and stop recordings " enabled, now you can setup an additional option to Prohibit others to record calls to your extension.
Example is a Manager that does not want internal or any calls to be Recorded and another user tries to recor this call.
With the below option enabled in the Manager 's extension, even if the other side tries to record the call, this will be prohibided.

1791190199507.png
 

Forum statistics

Threads
112,177
Messages
591,118
Members
165,217
Latest member
johnkerr995