• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

T29 Big Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jases Brown

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Aug 16, 2018
Messages
38
Reaction score
4
I posted about this before but that thread is closed. Here goes, we have Yealink T29s deployed in about 50 different locations-all different systems. About 4 months ago, we started seeing some randomly reboot. We dove into a couple of them and came up with the following similarities:
1. Phones only crash/reboot when a PC is connected to the PC port.
2. Noticed a flicker in the screen and BLFs even when not connected to a PC.

We have been on POE, power bricks, and POE injectors. We have factory reset and reprovisioned them as well as rolling back firmware (but to be honest, I cannot remember what version we went back to.)
 
1. Phones only crash/reboot when a PC is connected to the PC port.
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=43083

It certainly sounds like a set issue, Whether this is as a result of firmware, hardware, or power supply, I suspect that it isn't caused by 3CX. You might want to do some poking around the Yealink forum, and avoid using the PC port, for the time being since you know that will cause the issue.. Hopefully, someone else, on this forum having had the same issue, has another suggestion.
 
Hi Jases,

Seems you have tested extensively and the problem persists, I think this is something that would be best asked at Yealink's Support directly because it could very well be a hardware issue. They might offer RMA or perhaps exchange if it is a widespread issue, but I don't think you will find much help on the 3CX forum for such a hardware-specific issue..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock