- Joined
- Sep 11, 2020
- Messages
- 13
- Reaction score
- 6
After updating the T46U to firmware 108.86.0.76 all of my EXP43 expansion modules are stuck on the welcome screen. This has happened to multiple phones (6).
Last edited:
Hi,FYI - I also had this happen on 1x T46U w/EXP43 after upgrading to 108.86.0.76. But, on 1x other T46U also with an EXP43, it took the firmware upgrade fine.
I tried reverting the affected T46U w/EXP43 to 108.86.0.72 and 108.86.0.70, but the issue persisted. In the end I replaced the EXP43 and things worked properly, but I have a feeling the firmware update must have "bricked" the EXP43 in my first example. In the phone's web UI it did not indicate an expansion module was connected.
But again, another T46U also with an EXP43 took the firmware upgrade without issue.
Out of the the question - I know it's very tempting to think that, but the firmware has not yet been confirmed to be the issue. Better to err on the side of caution.Please 3CX push this new firmware ASAP !
Hi Lloyd,I'm having the same issue with many T46U w/EXP43 after upgrading to 108.86.0.76
These are in several of our school offices at different locations. Installing a whole new EXP43 works fine for testing.
Last year I had to get a custom firmware version from Yealink to fix our last issue. It took a year before 3CX got an updated version (.76) which fixed that. So, we just finally got to get them all back on this .76 version and no custom template. I hate to think I now have to go to a custom template right away again now to fix a new issue.
Hi. Unplugging and reconnecting USB doesn't help...or rebooting the phone. Yealink support directed me to firmware version "108.86.254.850" which fixes the issue, but of course required a custom template. I never did try the 2nd usb port.Hi Lloyd,
1. If you unplug and replug the EXP's USB cable does it start working?
2. The T46U phones have 2 USB ports, have you tried switching USB port to see if it makes any difference?
We would like to know if people are still facing this issue and if the above steps helped in any way.
Thank you for informing us. We will follow up with Yealink.Hi. Unplugging and reconnecting USB doesn't help...or rebooting the phone. Yealink support directed me to firmware version "108.86.254.850" which fixes the issue, but of course required a custom template. I never did try the 2nd usb port.
Founded in 2005, when VoIP was an emerging technology, 3CX has gone on to establish itself as a global leader in business communications.