Solved T46U + EXP43 Stuck on Welcome Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanAntonielli

Silver Partner
Joined
Sep 11, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
6
After updating the T46U to firmware 108.86.0.76 all of my EXP43 expansion modules are stuck on the welcome screen. This has happened to multiple phones (6).
 
Last edited:
Hello Dan,

Please take one of the phones and factory reset it while the expansion module is plugged in.

Once the phone resets, unplug it from power and plug it back in for a cold start.

Then create a fresh extension and leave all the settings default, assigning the phone to this extension (do not use any custom templates / backgrounds) and tell us if the problem goes away or if it still persists.
 
John,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, that did not change anything. The phone does not even detect an expansion module is connected.

Firmware tested:
108.86.0.76
108.86.0.72 (reverted)

Is there a way to reset the module or update the firmware on it?
 
FYI - I also had this happen on 1x T46U w/EXP43 after upgrading to 108.86.0.76. But, on 1x other T46U also with an EXP43, it took the firmware upgrade fine.

I tried reverting the affected T46U w/EXP43 to 108.86.0.72 and 108.86.0.70, but the issue persisted. In the end I replaced the EXP43 and things worked properly, but I have a feeling the firmware update must have "bricked" the EXP43 in my first example. In the phone's web UI it did not indicate an expansion module was connected.

But again, another T46U also with an EXP43 took the firmware upgrade without issue.
 
Last edited:
Hi all,

We informed the vendor about this. Kindly open a case with Yealink: they will need some logs from your devices so they can track the issue down.

https://ticket.yealink.com/
 
I tried my EXP43 on another phone I had with an older firmware and it worked without issue. So it's a phone firmware issue.

I reached out to Yealink and they sent me firmware "108.86.254.850" which resolved the issue.

Hopefully, 3CX will push an updated supported firmware shortly.
 
Last edited:
Hello Dan,

Could you please tell me some information about this problem, including:
1.What is the hardware version number of the problematic machine, you can see it in the phone’s Menu-Status page.
2.Whether the problematic machine can normally recognize other connected USB devices, please inserting a U-disk, and check whether the file is read normally on the phone’s Menu-USB page.

If you can, please provide the log of the problem machine to Yealink Support Team (https://ticket.yealink.com/), we will further analyze the log and solve the problem more quickly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Lyman,

As stated in my previous message. I already reached out to Yealink and they provided a working firmware for the phone. This issue is with the firmware 108.86.0.76.

All of the hardware details and logs are already in the ticket (291117) I opened with Yealink.
 
Last edited:
FYI - I also had this happen on 1x T46U w/EXP43 after upgrading to 108.86.0.76. But, on 1x other T46U also with an EXP43, it took the firmware upgrade fine.

I tried reverting the affected T46U w/EXP43 to 108.86.0.72 and 108.86.0.70, but the issue persisted. In the end I replaced the EXP43 and things worked properly, but I have a feeling the firmware update must have "bricked" the EXP43 in my first example. In the phone's web UI it did not indicate an expansion module was connected.

But again, another T46U also with an EXP43 took the firmware upgrade without issue.
Hi,
I have exacly the same issue, on one phone but without upgrading the FW.
After a network outage the phones restarted, then the EXP43 was stucked on the welcome screen (and on another T46 + EXP43, exacly the same no issue, that is weird)
Update firmware : KO
Reset the phone : KO

The only workaround I've found is to wait for the phone to start normally, then unplug and replug the USB wire of the EXP43.

Please 3CX push this new firmware ASAP !
 
Please 3CX push this new firmware ASAP !
Out of the the question - I know it's very tempting to think that, but the firmware has not yet been confirmed to be the issue. Better to err on the side of caution.

We understand your concerns but this is inconclusive, the test firmware @DanAntonielli got is not necessarily what fixes the issue.

@dougkinzinger and @Gbot@Okam could you also reach out to Yealink in order to give them some more data points to look into?
 
I'm having the same issue with many T46U w/EXP43 after upgrading to 108.86.0.76
These are in several of our school offices at different locations. Installing a whole new EXP43 works fine for testing.
Last year I had to get a custom firmware version from Yealink to fix our last issue. It took a year before 3CX got an updated version (.76) which fixed that. So, we just finally got to get them all back on this .76 version and no custom template. I hate to think I now have to go to a custom template right away again now to fix a new issue.
 
I'm having the same issue with many T46U w/EXP43 after upgrading to 108.86.0.76
These are in several of our school offices at different locations. Installing a whole new EXP43 works fine for testing.
Last year I had to get a custom firmware version from Yealink to fix our last issue. It took a year before 3CX got an updated version (.76) which fixed that. So, we just finally got to get them all back on this .76 version and no custom template. I hate to think I now have to go to a custom template right away again now to fix a new issue.
Hi Lloyd,

1. If you unplug and replug the EXP's USB cable does it start working?

2. The T46U phones have 2 USB ports, have you tried switching USB port to see if it makes any difference?

We would like to know if people are still facing this issue and if the above steps helped in any way.
 
Hi Lloyd,

1. If you unplug and replug the EXP's USB cable does it start working?

2. The T46U phones have 2 USB ports, have you tried switching USB port to see if it makes any difference?

We would like to know if people are still facing this issue and if the above steps helped in any way.
Hi. Unplugging and reconnecting USB doesn't help...or rebooting the phone. Yealink support directed me to firmware version "108.86.254.850" which fixes the issue, but of course required a custom template. I never did try the 2nd usb port.
 
Hi. Unplugging and reconnecting USB doesn't help...or rebooting the phone. Yealink support directed me to firmware version "108.86.254.850" which fixes the issue, but of course required a custom template. I never did try the 2nd usb port.
Thank you for informing us. We will follow up with Yealink.
 
Just for the record I also Have 2x Yealink T46U with 2x EXP43.
Running firmware 108.86.0.76
a Manual downgrade of phone firmware to 108.86.0.70 briefly bought the EXP back to normal, then phone then upgraded itself back to 108.86.0.76
Trying the EXP on the second USB (located behind the screen) did make the EXP work as normal. Then at the time of writing this last line, Both units Just righted themselves without prompting!! strange.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Thanks for reporting @cross@roads it looks like this will indeed require a new firmware to address.

No more checks should be necessary, the gist of it was that the USB driver would sometimes misbehave causing it to work for some and not for others. Regardless, we are testing a new version which should solve the issues for those affected.
 
Hi, We are having the same issue with a T54W and EXP50. Firmware 96.86.0.76.

I've notified Yealink.

Some are working when we revert to the 96.86.0.70 firmware, and reset to factory settings, upgrade back to 96.86.0.76 but this a manually configured phone, not using 3cx auto provisioning. If we turn on auto provisioning, the EXP 50 immediately reverts to Loading.. Please wait.

Out of the 8 phones we have that have this issue, I have only been able to revive one using the manual method.
 
  • Like
Reactions: qbitnetworking
Hi,
Same issue with T57W and EXP50. Firmware 96.86.0.76
 
as @JohnS_3CX mentioned previously the issue has been identified. Most probably there will be a new firmware to fix this issue.
 
Thanks @TheodorosG_3CX
Maybe there should be a disclaimer somewhere not to upgrade if using EXP ?
Issue was identified in August, we're end of October and no fix yet :(
"Most probably there will be", as we don't know when or even if there will be, what can we do now to mitigate the issue ? Any workaround except downgrade, turning off autoprovisionning ?

I upgraded cause we had the "hook" issue with the phone


@James-DCC Would you mind sharing a redacted full-config of a manually configured phone that is working on .76 so I could compare with autoprovisioned config ?

Just found out a .77 version https://www.yealink.com/website-service/download/t54w(t57w,t53w,t53,t53c,t54,t57)-96.86.0.77.rom
Installed it on a "non-working" T57W + EXP50, issue remains, will try to change USB
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us