• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

T48S, ring volume, usb headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Bronze Partner
Joined
Aug 15, 2017
Messages
500
Reaction score
57
When I use this phone (current 3cx firmware as of today, and 3cx phone template) together with an usb headset, The ringer Volume is extremly loud as long as the headset enabled button is selected/green. I also cannot change the volume of the ringer. I can change the volume of the ringer when I deselect the headset operation, but this will only change the volume for the non-headset operation of the phone.

The template of the phone:
#Specify the ring device when the phone is in the Headset mode; 0-use Speaker (default), 1-use Headset; features.ringer_device.is_use_headset =

When I change the template to send "0" to the phone, the ring volume is normal and equivalent to the standard ring tone.
After a factory reset there is "use headset and speaker" in the Phone UI.

So either the template is wrong or this specific firmware has a wrong default.
The very loud ring sound is annoying, also you are not able to change the volume.
The template should be fixed to set the default "0".
 
  • Like
Reactions: Andrew Whyte
Even if the fix is simple, a fix of the template by Yealink would be good.

Bzw.: how do you contact Yealink? Posting in the Yealink fourm is very difficult because an automatic anti-spam bot will deny most postings.
But even if I make a successful post an answer is a rare occasion.
Sending mail will have a 100% no answer rate.
 
Yealink has a ticket system. Also, if you purchase phones from a proper distributor they will often escalate things through proper channels.
 
Thank you. Next time I try one of these options.
 
Thanks OP for the tip on what's causing this. Confirmed same behavior on T54W, if headset is lit green then loud ringer etc.

Until this is fixed (probably never) I've just over-ridden the template file setting, appending the 0 to the line mentioned and it's worked nicely.
 
We also experienced this (T54 and T53) using Jabra 920 headsets. We had an additional problem however, on the Jabra headsets we experienced partial or total audio failure intermittently (typically the agent could not be heard). This was happening on about 5% of total call volume per agent. If the agent then picked up the handset, the call would proceed normally (it was only a headset issue)

I had to downgrade the Yealink firmware back to 96.85.0.5 in order to overcome that problem as I'm not experienced enough to start digging through templates.
 
3CX told me that I needed to upgrade the firmware on my Yealink T54W phones in order to be supported, so I did, but now I'm having this same issue where the ring is loud and custom ringers don't work. I'm looking at fixing this but I see that 3CX says that Custom Templates are not supported either (I never had custom templates before). So can anyone recommend what is the proper way to fix this so I'm properly supported by 3CX?
 
Hi mash4

At the moment there isn't a supported method of doing this that I'm aware of, however we have been in contact with Yealink and they are testing a new firmware for 3CX that should also contain this fix. We do not currently have an ETA but I estimate not sooner than a month from now
 
Hi mash4

At the moment there isn't a supported method of doing this that I'm aware of, however we have been in contact with Yealink and they are testing a new firmware for 3CX that should also contain this fix. We do not currently have an ETA but I estimate not sooner than a month from now

Thanks a lot John, that is good news. Is there a way to downgrade to the last firmware version that worked in the meantime so we don't have this ring problem for the next month? Thanks.
 
Hi,

Unfortunately not unless you have the old firmware file, and manually downgrade your phones.

Currently on our servers we only host the latest file.
 
I see that Yealink released firmware version 96.86.0.15 over a month ago and in the release notes it says that it fixes this bug. But the 3CX firmware version is still 96.86.0.5. Who is responsible for switching 3CX to use the latest firmware, does 3CX test the firmware and then roll it out or is that something we are waiting on Yealink to test with 3CX?
 
The firmware is produced and interop tested with the 3CX system by the manufacturer, so as soon as Yealink finishes their testing, they will send it to us and we will release it for all our customers.
 
The firmware is produced and interop tested with the 3CX system by the manufacturer, so as soon as Yealink finishes their testing, they will send it to us and we will release it for all our customers.
I'm having the same issues too for the past few weeks, knowing 96.86.0.15 is the fix, but 3CX rollback all my phones to the buggy 96.86.0.5.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us