• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Trouble wiht external extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Firs things first, i have set up a lot of these phones externally and i find that they do work quite often, however from 3cx perspective we recommend using the 3CX sip proxy tunnel releaving you of any grief.

First things first, I realise you been trough most of these steps but I will go trough them again.

1. Ensure you have done all the correct port fowarding on your router. Any SIP alg on your router must be disabled.
http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/3CX/3CXindex.htm

2. Run the firewall checker and ensure there are no warnings.

3. Paste screenshots of the setting of your device blanking out your ips and usernames please or i will delete your post immediatley for your own safety.

4. If all else failes, wireshark is your friend, pm me with a link to a capture and I will help you, DO not publicy display this link or again I will delete your post for your own safety.

Thanks for the reply. I have no problem using the tunnel application, and was able to get it working fully functional on the 3cx softphone. However when I tired to use the tunneling software along with the spa921, I have audio problems as well. I followed the setup config for the tunneling but had no luck. As the video said Im using the private ip of the 3cx server in the proxy field, and the private ip:5080 of the pc running tunneling software at the remote location. Tunnel looks like its up and running, and can even get to register, but just no luck fully functional audio.

Just thought I would update you guys since its up and working now. I just used the 3cx tunneling application on my pc at the remote location. I had everything setup on the phone istelf exepct there is an option to "use outbound proxy." I had the information put in correctly, however I also had to change that field from no to yes. Seems to be getting two way audio now, ive given up on trying without the tunneling service. Thanks for helping me out yesterday.

Hi,

Your welcome, I am happy to hear you've got it set up properly now.

Go to extensions/other tab and check PBX Delivers Audio for that remote extension.

Try again without the tunnel proxy.

Should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.