• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Unsupported Unable to Assign Multiple Extensions to a Single MAC Address

nonpe

Premier Customer
Joined
Jun 4, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello,
Dear 3CX Team
I’ve noticed that the system does not allow assigning more than one extension to a phone that supports multiple lines.
When adding a device by brand / model, and MAC address, I receive an error stating that this MAC is already in use for another extension.
Is there a supported method to assign multiple extensions to the same MAC address?
If not, I would like to suggest adding this functionality in a future update — it would be very helpful for call centers like ours that use multi-line desk phones rather than mobile or desktop applications.
Manual setup without a MAC address works as a temporary workaround, but it’s not an ideal or scalable solution.
Thank you for your time and assistance.


Best regards,
 

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,953
Members
165,165
Latest member
cvanderzwan