• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Unable to remove/delete a phone and phone provisioned to the user

Status
Not open for further replies.

finoafoley

Gold Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Oct 26, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I have setup multiple phones on 1 user. Yealink and Fanvil. I am trying to delete the Yealink phone. I have tried to delete under phone provisioning - Drop down to Yealink and delete. But phone is still in service and attached the user in Phone. Can you please provide me with the correct procedure?
 
Hello,

Yes, after deleting the phones from the User you also need to reset the phone so that it will "forget" the credentials and stop appearing.

Hold down the OK button for about 10 seconds and the phone will prompt you to factory reset. Confirm and the phone will now clear all the settings and de-register.

It is now free to be assigned to another extension if you wish
 
Thank you for your reply,

Is there anyway to do this remotely without having the customer to factory reset the phone? If I wanted to change the extension number for this phone would this be the same procedure?
 
Is there anyway to do this remotely without having the customer to factory reset the phone?


Hello,

If you can remote desktop into the customer's network you can access the phone from there hopefully and reset it from its web UI.

However, you need to know the password of the web UI before deleting the phone from the previous extension!
If it's too late for that, then the only way is to reset manually using the OK button I'm afraid.


If I wanted to change the extension number for this phone would this be the same procedure?

Yes - you need to reset the phone, and delete it from the old extension so it can be freed up first.

Then you can create a new extension and assign the phone there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon