Update to 9.0.24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger Green

Forum User
Joined
Sep 28, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I had version 9.0.23 installed and it was all working perfectly, I tried to update to 9.0.24 in the normal manner, however this crashed WordPress and when it had recovered WP-Live Chat application was not within WordPress it had been completely disabled by WordPress.

I have tried to re-install the plugin but I get the error "Installation failed: Destination Folder Already Exists"

Can anyone advise the best way to get the application installed and back working, hopefully I would like my existing configuration saved?


RGE Services Ltd - WordPress Updates - 27th September 2020.jpg


RGE Services Ltd - Live Chat Error.jpg
 
Hi there,

It looks like this is a wordpress error / issue. For some reason it's failing to delete the plugin folder.

To fix and keep your settings:
  • Take a backup of your settings from the Live Chat > Tools > Backup Settings.
  • Go to Settings > General Settings > Delete database entries on uninstall: Untick
  • Uninstall and re-install the plugin.
  • Re-import your settings.
Done.
 
Dear Leonidas,

Good afternoon, thanks for your reply. I have managed to get Live Chat sort of working, however I get the following message when I select Live Chat > Tools, so I don´t think it is very happy! Although all the functionality seems to still work?

This is the e-mail I received from this message " There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions"

Please note: I have replaced our website address with the word domain

Hi!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WP-Live Chat by 3CX.

First, visit your website (https://domain.co.uk/) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (https://domain.co.uk/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wplivechat-menu-tools) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can't access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special "recovery mode". This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

https://domain.co.uk/wp-login.php?action=enter_recovery_mode&rm_token=0nyRpolDP0dNYn2SV7ZOdF&rm_key=yiYxdP41nd7RlU1s29IMDM

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don't worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:

WordPress version 5.5.1

Current theme: ElectroServ Child (version 1.0) Current plugin: WP-Live Chat by 3CX (version 9.0.24) PHP version 7.3.12

Error Details

=============

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 86 of the file /var/www/wp-content/plugins/wp-live-chat-support/includes/wplc_base_controller.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function appendChild() on null in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/wp-live-chat-support/includes/wplc_base_controller.php:86

Stack trace:

#0 /var/www/wp-content/plugins/wp-live-chat-support/modules/tools/tools_controller.php(15): BaseController->load_view('/var/www/wp-con...', false, true, Array)

#1 /var/www/wp-content/plugins/wp-live-chat-support/includes/wplc_base_controller.php(39): ToolsController->view()

#2 /var/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): BaseController->{closure}('')

#3 /var/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)

#4 /var/www/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)

#5 /var/www/wp-content/plugins/wp-live-chat-support/includes/wplc_base_controller.php(48): do_action('wplc_hook_view_...')

#6 /var/www/wp-content/plugins/wp-live-chat-support/modules/tools/tools_page.php(50): BaseController->run()

#7 /var/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): wplc_admin_tools_page('')

#8 /var/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_
 

Attachments

  • Live Chat Tools Menu.jpg
    Live Chat Tools Menu.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,962
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe