• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Using 1 IP address to connect to a SIP server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quest4Voice

Free User
Joined
Jan 28, 2020
Messages
71
Reaction score
2
Good day Experts,

I have a challenge here I have two links into my Mikrotik router,
Link 1 connects me to the SIP server and the SIP provider has given me one IP address, So am basically connected on a point to point to the SIP provider.
Link 2 connects me to the internet.

I need the PCs to connect to the internet and I need the Phones to connect to the internet can some share how i can have this setup work?

I thank you in advance
 
You need to setup outbound routing on the Mikrotik so that (not sure of the commands, gui)

1. All SIP traffic port 5060 goes down the SIP server link.

2. All other traffic down link 2.
 
Hi @Quest4Voice

The phones don't connect to the sip provider, they actually connect to the PBX.

The 2nd link is only for the SIP trunk if I understood correctly.

So assuming this is the case (and correct me please if I am wrong):

- You have a local PBX with local phones on the same LAN
- You have two internet connections 1) for normal internet 2) for SIP trunk only



In this case the PBX will need to LAN cards:

1) one for everything (internet connection, and phones)
2) another one to connect only to the trunk provider

See: Multiple internet gateways (used by ISPs that offer VoIP Services)
https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/network-configurations-supported-3cx-phone-system/
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us