V18 Display animated images (GIF) in CHAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MST-Human

Customer
Joined
Sep 17, 2019
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Is it possible to display animated images (GIF) in CHAT?
If not, I would like to request this as a feature.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SyncWave
Hi @Martin-Straube,

You can upload gifs in chat but at present they don't auto-play. Clicking on the gif will focus it and play it.

1635422853798.png
 
I know that, but the click is one too many. Since this even works in HCL Sametime, I hope that 3cx implements this as well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Hi @bitn2,

Gold partners and above are able to post!
 
@Martin-Straube
Just to clarify:
The behaviour is by design: what you actually see in the chat conversation view it's a thumbnail generated by the PBX, a "static" thumbnail, of the uploaded image; when you tap/click it, only then the clients are downloading and showing the original, animated or not, image.
So, as suggested already, better open your proposal in Ideas section to be upvoted and then discussed.
 
Thank you for the clarification. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to make such suggestions. Gold status is the minimum here to be allowed to post suggestions.

If the feature doesn't come, it's no big deal, then we just continue to use HCL Sametime and not the 3cx chat, no problem.
 
Thank you for the clarification. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to make such suggestions. Gold status is the minimum here to be allowed to post suggestions.

If the feature doesn't come, it's no big deal, then we just continue to use HCL Sametime and not the 3cx chat, no problem.
But how can a GIF playing automatically be so crucial? A GIF is usually not related to work...
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon