- Joined
- Jun 9, 2016
- Messages
- 100
- Reaction score
- 4
Hello. I have Fanvil x6u phones and I'm trying to figure out why the VLAN WAN tagging is not working. I have already provisioned these phones and I'm going in after to set a new VLAN WAN ID for each phone in 3cx.
In the phone provisioning settings in 3CX I scroll down to the bottom under "VLAN Configuration" and set the VLAN WAN ID to 50. I restart the phone and, I assume (maybe incorrectly), it should grab these settings from 3cx the next time the phone is restarted. After a restart of the phone I go into the phone web interface and check to see what the VLAN WAN ID is set to and VLAN isn't even enabled in the web interface at all. If I manually change the VLAN WAN ID in the phone web interface and restart the phone it acts as it should.
I guess what I'm asking is why isn't 3cx passing this VLAN configuration to the phones? Does the VLAN configuration only work on first time provisioning? In other words, does the VLAN setting need to be configured in 3cx before I first provision the phone? I would rather not have to erase and reprovision each phone if I can avoid it.
In the phone provisioning settings in 3CX I scroll down to the bottom under "VLAN Configuration" and set the VLAN WAN ID to 50. I restart the phone and, I assume (maybe incorrectly), it should grab these settings from 3cx the next time the phone is restarted. After a restart of the phone I go into the phone web interface and check to see what the VLAN WAN ID is set to and VLAN isn't even enabled in the web interface at all. If I manually change the VLAN WAN ID in the phone web interface and restart the phone it acts as it should.
I guess what I'm asking is why isn't 3cx passing this VLAN configuration to the phones? Does the VLAN configuration only work on first time provisioning? In other words, does the VLAN setting need to be configured in 3cx before I first provision the phone? I would rather not have to erase and reprovision each phone if I can avoid it.