Voicemail Not Working In Chat Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip Sumpter

Free User
Joined
Dec 17, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I have been trying to set up a voicemail greeting and have completed all the steps.

When I first set this up, I ran tests on different web browsers and devices.

At first, it worked but when I came back the next day to test, no voicemail.

I made some changes such as removing the office hours and the voicemail worked.

Came back the next day to test and no voicemail.

I know there has to be something I'm doing wrong or have overlooked.

I am using the voicemail greeting to send a message. Never do I answer any calls.
I respond to chat messages only but want to use a voicemail greeting with it.

Too many site visitors think I have a support website and are contacting me via chat box.
I am telling them what I do and don't do which does not include any support payments,
accounts, subscriptions, etc.

I also posted a message on the chat box regarding no support but it seems individuals
are not seeing that message. Perhaps this is due to different devices.

I have two connected WordPress sites (separate installs) with the 3CX chat box...

Hoping someone can guide me through the correct setup.

Thanks
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Okay... I figured out why my voicemail greeting wasn't working but have to figure out something else.

Whenever I click my photo in the upper right corner of the 3CX app on my Windows 11 computer and select 'Do Not Disturb', the voicemail greeting works.

When I select 'Available', the voicemail greeting doesn't work. I suppose this is by design.

Is there a way to get the voicemail greeting to work when I select 'Available' and my website visitor clicks the 'Call Us' button on the chat box? And I also want to be able to reply to chat box messages when my site visitors select 'Chat with Us'.
 
When I go to 3CX Setting >> Call Forwarding >> Available, I see the following...

Unanswered Calls...
Forward external calls to: Voicemail
NOTE: No voicemail greeting, I only hear the noise.

Forward internal calls to: Voicemail


Busy or not registered...
Forward external calls to: Voicemail

Forward internal calls to: Voicemail
----------

Do I need to change any of the above?
 
I also have the following...

When I go to 3CX Setting >> Call Forwarding >> Available, I see the following...

Unanswered Calls...
Forward external calls to: Voicemail
NOTE: No voicemail greeting, I only hear the noise.

Forward internal calls to: Voicemail


Busy or not registered...
Forward external calls to: Voicemail

Forward internal calls to: Voicemail
----------

Do I need to change any of the above?



When going to 3CX Admin >> Voice & chat and clicking the edit icon, I have the following set...

General tab...

Destination: 37910 Web TV Guy

Your website: https://**********.com/

Do you want to allow calls and chats?: Phone and chat

Do you want to show the call button under the chat button?...: Yes

What visitor information do yo want to capture?: Name and email address

Startup mode: Chat icon only
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us