• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail timeout at 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I can't give specific dates, but we will let you know for sure.
Thanks

Now this is a wierd one that I need to test further.

I've stopped provisioning my Polycom phones using 3CX, as I was just not satisfied with the results and have gone over to using an FTP server, but voicemail behaviour appears to have changed due to this !.

Arriving at work this morning I noticed that the MWI was still lit on my test phone (an SPIP 450), then I realised that the messages on it were over 24 hours old. Looking at MyPhone it turns out they are 48 hours old !.

Now this could just be a random fluke, or possibly the default 'sip.cfg' file from Polycom that I'm now using has altered the phones behaviour ?.

I'll have to test this further before I lay the blame at the sip.cfg that ships with 3CX, or 3CX's provisioning process...

Well this is odd.

I left voicemails on three phones on Friday before leaving work, my own test one (provisioned via FTP), another one provisioned via FTP and finaly one provisioned via 3CX.

Now all phones other than my own no longer have the MWI iluminated. Somehow mine is still lit, but looking at my MAC specific CFG file it is no different from the other FTP provisioned one, so how the heck is this happening ?.

Of course I'm still waiting for the proper fix though from 3CX. Is there any way of getting the fix early as I have support ?.

Thanks.

Fatboy40 said:
Of course I'm still waiting for the proper fix though from 3CX. Is there any way of getting the fix early as I have support ?.

Looks like the fix should be out in a service pack around mid October 2010 8)

Fatboy40 said:
Fatboy40 said:

Looks like the fix should be out in a service pack around mid October 2010 8)

The change log for v9 SP3 is up, and lists the fix for this.

Do we now have an option to specify the length of time before expiration ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.