Web chat showing agents name even though disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmterp

Gold Partner
Joined
Jun 13, 2017
Messages
423
Reaction score
254
Under Live Chat settings > Agent, we've unchecked "Show agent's name and Agent's information in the chat box is set to None. We've added a default phone and agent name.
However, whenever the agent takes ownership, their name and avatar is shown. Can this be corrected?
webchat.png
 
Hello Pmterp,
Sorry for late response. I can not reproduce. With the same configuration I can not see agent name in chat when agent takes ownership.
Are you sure these livechat settings (on screenshot) are actual?
 
I am also experiencing this behavior on hosted 3CXstartup pro.
 
Are you by any chance opening the live chat using the chat URL directly, and not actually have it integrated on an actual website?
 
yes, that is how I was testing it. Does it behave differently when integrated? If so, why?
 
Yes, this will be the reason you see the agent's name.

With the live chat accessed using the chat URL directly same settings made in the live chat section will not apply, as they are taken via the code when integrated into a website, or using the WordPress plug-in if a WordPress website.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,962
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe