What are you guys using as a dedicated SBC these days?

Lee Cramman

Premier Customer
Joined
Jul 9, 2018
Messages
698
Reaction score
166
I've been doing SBC upgrades and a few of those machines really need to be retired before they fail.

I'm not a fan of Raspberry Pi or router phones - but I need to find something suitable, and I'm just seeing a lot of generic rubbish when I look around to see what's available.

So as above - what do you guys use for a dedicated SBC these days? Bonus points if it's small enough to hang out in a rack or be rack mountable.

Our largest site is <50 end points and there's very little use of BLFs so our needs are fairly modest.

Thanks

edit: Debian SBC obvs.
 
Just food for thought.. you said they only have 1 server? So i imagine this is where their LOB apps live? If this goes down, they cant work anyway and the phones wont be as important, no? just whack it on the server and then teach them how to use the Windows/Mobile app in case of emergency.
No, local file shares and AD only on there - everything else is cloud based (not to mention on a physically separate LAN / internet connection).
Well, that feels like we've come back, full circle, to a Raspberry Pi :)
I like Raspberry Pi, just not for this - I've had too many failures over the years for something that should be install and forget.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
112,177
Messages
591,121
Members
165,218
Latest member
Munnam