Wifi Works, 3G doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximo1970

Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hi, This is my first post.

I've had a look around the forum and can't find the same problem I have so here goes and I someone can help.

3CX PBX behind a firewall on a Public IP
Windows 2003 Server
HTC Desire : Android Version 2.2
3CX SoftPhone : 1.2.9
Operator : Vodafone

The issue I have is that when I connect using my mobile phone I don't get any functionality at all, other then the extension being registered ok. The status lamp is amber when connected externally and green when connected on the LAN. Using the wifi connection onto the LAN everything works as it should do.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
 
I have a very similar issue, also on a Desire, different provider. WiFi is fine, works great. 3G will register, I can call, it rings, but no audio. Awaiting the next release, which we hope has the Tunnel option. That may solve problems caused by the providers. Obviously some ports are not open when using 3G on some networks.
 
Did you try setting ALLOWSOURCEASOUTBOUND to 1?
 
Just changed it in 3CX, will see what happens
Until it restarts...
I can register via 3G, I can call the Android phone and answer, but I get audio only one way, from the Android phone towards 3CX. Trying to place a call fails as nothing happens when I hit the dial/send button

That solved the one way audio issue, thanks.

But, I still can't dial out. Can key in the digits, but it won't send them.
 
Where do I make the setting change? I've looked all over the management website.
 
In 3CX, Settings, Advanced, Custom Parameters. Click on the top of the name column to put the list in alphabetical order, makes it easier to find.

That change also solved a one way (outbound) audio issue I was experiencing with direct SIP calls from IPKall (used to route them in via SipPhone, until they suspended service on the 3rd), thanks.

Unfortunately I still can't dial calls from the Android over 3G. :(
 
I've made the configuration change and still have no functionality on the phone. When I say nothing works I'm mean that I can;t even get the phone to dial when connection over the 3G network. Typing the number and pressing the green dial button has no effect at all. So I'm guessing that it's going to be down to the network / firewall causing the problem. I've checked my firewall logs and not seeing anything unsual. It's as if the SIP registration hasn't completed.

Any further ideas?
 
Maximo1970 said:
Typing the number and pressing the green dial button has no effect at all. So I'm guessing that it's going to be down to the network / firewall causing the problem. I've checked my firewall logs and not seeing anything unsual. It's as if the SIP registration hasn't completed.

That is exactly what I get, but, it does register and I can receive an incoming call.
 
Hi leejor,

Can I reference my configuration with yours just to make sure I'm not doing anything silly. If I can get to the point where I receive a call over 3G then I should get to see what my firewall logs have to offer.

Thanks
 
Maximo1970 said:
Typing the number and pressing the green dial button has no effect at all.
Hi

"has no effect at all": after you click the green button:
- it remains green?
- application is still responsive or is stuck (indefinitely or for about ~30 secs)?
- you may use the backspace (right) button to delete digits on the display?
I'm asking because this info will helps me to check into code.

Regards
vali
 
Maximo1970 said:
Can I reference my configuration with yours just to make sure I'm not doing anything silly. If I can get to the point where I receive a call over 3G then I should get to see what my firewall logs have to offer.

I've moved on to the new release, which did seem to work, initially. I've got to do some more testing on it.
 
"has no effect at all": after you click the green button:
- it remains green?
- application is still responsive or is stuck (indefinitely or for about ~30 secs)?
- you may use the backspace (right) button to delete digits on the display?

That describes my problem very well. Also not that the indicator lamp on the home screen of the phone is Amber, rather then Green.

Thanks.
 
I'm having some fairly equal results with a HTC Desire. I can get a single phone to register over 3G and receive inbound calls from internal or external sources. However when I attempt to phone outbound to internal or external sources I dial the number and hit the green dial button but it just fails as if it is not registered.

Another issue I'm having is that only one single phone will register at a time. Both my wife and myself have HTC Desire's and only one at a time will register (either one so it's not a single phone at fault). So if phone 1 is registered phone 2 will not and vica versa.


Has anyone found an answer to these issues yet? I've also noticed that the 3CX software crashes a lot now on mobile platforms. I started with 3CX softphone some 1-2 years ago or more for the iPhone 3G and it was stable back then. Now however both the iPhone and Android versions seem incredibly unstable and this is regardless of PBX server they're attached to.
 
I have had success with the latest version of the 3CX phone. Bit, that's not to say that your provider isn't doing something to prevent it from working over 3G.

tsunami_australia said:
Another issue I'm having is that only one single phone will register at a time. Both my wife and myself have HTC Desire's and only one at a time will register (either one so it's not a single phone at fault). So if phone 1 is registered phone 2 will not and vica versa.

Is this if both phones are attempting to register from the same "remote" LAN? If so, it is probably because both phones are trying to use the same port (generally 5060). Changing one to a different port may do it.
 
No both are from a different IP (Telstra NextG data which is our phone supplier) and both are 5060 because for some reason they won't work on the client's default of 5070 (regardless of firewall rules). Also for some reason our server won't operate on any port other than 5060 for trunks as well unlike our Linksys SPA9000 (which the 3CX box when fully setup will replace) which prefers 5061-5064 for trunks.
 
spammer post removed- MFM
 
Bump...

Also noting a very similar situation here. Works perfectly over Wi-Fi from various locations.

For mw, 3G only seems to partly register... Green indicator light turns orange/yellow. I can receive calls but cannot dial out like some other users here. I have the ability to dial but pressing the green call button does nothing (no change in icon or function...).

NB: Firewall tests fine and passes 100% OK. System is hosted on remote VPS.

Thank you all!
 
Sorry I haven't got back yet, just finished a reformat. I will look into the server logs soon but did forget to mention about the not being able to dial out when connected over 3G rather than WiFi.
 
also having this similar issue with not being able to make calls on 3g.

Phone HTC inspire 4g(htc desire sister)
service: at&t

Anyone find a fix yet?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,962
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe