• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Windows Phone 8/Windows RT/

Status
Not open for further replies.
any news about 3cx for WP?

I'd like to see a WP8 app as well. My bosses recently swapped their iPhones for Lumia 920's (I've had one since November 2012), and one of them just asked me to find a SIP app for them. They used to use 3CX on their iPhone, so I thought that would be the best option for them... except for the lack of a WP app.

Any news on if/when we could expect one?

Damn.
Me and many my clients have Windows Phones and Windows RT Tabs.
But still no 3cx phone for them :cry:

I hope 3cx is monitoring this thread and hopefully has something in the works. If anything though, I think windows phone should get priority since A) I perceive that it is more popular than RT devices and B) rumor has it that windows phone and windows rt might merge.

The merge concept makes a lot of sense and I think would lead to faster adoption and a better ecosystem..

From my "Sources" 3CX has no interest in Blackberry or WP8

I
bardissi said:
From my "Sources" 3CX has no interest in Blackberry or WP8

If that's the case, then my company will have to look at replacing the 3CX software on our PCs.

WP8 could be better if more companies would actually support it.

wateva76 said:
WP8 could be better if more companies would actually support it.

Perhaps more companies would support it, if they felt it were better.

The windows phone 8.1 SDK was partially leaked, devs will now have the ability to make universal apps between windows phone and windows 8 app store. I hope this, if anything is what the 3cx team is waiting for before fully supporting windows phone and windows 8 apps

Hi, try with Linphone, you can find at the wp8 store

hpugaz said:
Hi, try with Linphone, you can find at the wp8 store
it works great!
thanks!

Just saw the following post on Microsoft's website for VOIP Apps on the new windows phone 8.1

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/jj206983(v=vs.105).aspx

Would love to see 3cx implement a app for WP8.1. Especially now that they are moving to the Universal App structure.

I too have been anxiously awaiting an RT or WP version. The new line of Lumia's are simply awesome phones. I recently upgraded from a 920 to a 1020 and hand's down it's the best phone I've ever owned. Personally, I am very skeptical about the "market" figures for WP, I see them EVERYWHERE now. AT&T pushes them pretty hard and I think you will see a large uptick in market share if they are reporting it correctly.

Anyway, I have just been waiting for ANY good SIP client for WP8 and the good news is there is one now. I have used some of the others that have been suggested and been less than impressed. However just recently Zoiper has released a client for WP8 that works great and supports PUSH as well. I recommend all the hold outs on here give it a try. It integrates to the built in logs etc. and is pretty strong. If Zoiper can put out this client I know 3CX can!

I'm adding my vote for a windows phone 8/win rt 3cx app. This should be easier with Microsoft's latest announcement at BUILD conference providing ability to build universal windows apps that run on Win8/Win8 RT/Win Phone 8. I'd love to see you guys integrate with Cortana! Would be pretty cool! Keep up the great work!

So here I go again, traveling abroad, so I have to leave my Fast 4G Lumia home and drag the old Samsung android out of the draw because my Windows 8 Phone can't communicate with my 3Cx Windows PBX. Nick Galea are you even reading this post anymore? Company execs love Windows Phone 8 and I can sell them 3CX but we can't connect the two because there is no app. Been asking for two years now, very disappointing and have put our 3CX business on hold because of it.

There are 2 sip clients on the wp market that work BUT they don't work under lock screen. It really is about time to have an official wp8/win8 app.

Hello guys, just deployed 3cx for my company and have set up 3cx clients for android and iPhone users. Only windows phone 8 users are left unattended. Pls make a windows phone 8 app for 3cx. Windows phone 8 is bound to get huge. Please support the platform.

In our company we have 50% Windows Phone users now. I have to use Linphone now, but its not what i want.
Still waiting for 3cx for Windows phone.

I also have 15 WP8 users to connect ... please issue a Beta so we can test it..

Thanks

Sepp

28141 views of this topic.
I think 3cx should fix this mistake shortly.

3CX WP8 client is a must for a business phone.

For how long more should we suffer for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leo13215464
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.