• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

X3S STUN Provision Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usama Asgher

Forum User
Joined
Jun 12, 2021
Messages
38
Reaction score
1
I am trying to configure X3S phones with in the same network where our 3CX is installed. I want them to configure as STUN for later use outside the network. Now, When I try to configure it says Waiting for response from STUN and failed multiple times.

What can be the reason?
Can we configure phone as stun with in the same network?
All ports are open as I have tested through 3CX firewall but it says SIP ALG not detected. Does it make any difference in provisioning?
 
Can you open the management console via FQDN from inside the network but not on the same PC as 3CX?
 
No. I can't. What changes shall I make ?
 
I am trying to configure X3S phones with in the same network where our 3CX is installed. I want them to configure as STUN for later use outside the network. Now, When I try to configure it says Waiting for response from STUN and failed multiple times.

What can be the reason?
Can we configure phone as stun with in the same network?
All ports are open as I have tested through 3CX firewall but it says SIP ALG not detected. Does it make any difference in provisioning?

Not a good idea, but I understand why you want to do it. The reason is that the phone is asking to connect to the same public IP from which it came from. Most firewalls will prevent this type of hairpin traffic (hence why it is not a good idea). You should not deploy phones in the office this way.

1. Please read this and ensure that the 3CX system has the right port forwards. Without those, STUN is an impossibility https://www.3cx.com/docs/ports/

2. Take the phone home and plug it into your ISP modem. You can test STUN this way (provisioning and calls). You will gain some valuable knowledge without affecting your normal calls.
 
thanks. its resolved now
 
Good to know! Resolved using split DNS?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,962
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe