Yealink T7 & T8 Series

Badger1

Customer
Joined
Aug 13, 2025
Messages
11
Reaction score
5
Is there a way to make the Yealink T7 & T8 series phones work with 3CX yet?
Or will they work as PNP phones for now?

If not is there an ETA for compatibility?


Thanks
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: PortableOS
I don't think they've been released to retail yet. But yes, you can always manually register a SIP device to 3CX and you could write your own templates if you want PnP functionality.

I see it at distribution, but they don't have stock yet.
 
I don't think they've been released to retail yet. But yes, you can always manually register a SIP device to 3CX and you could write your own templates if you want PnP functionality.
Thanks so much for the advice.
I've access to a couple of NFR phones from our supplier so I'll order them and give them a go.

I believe some of each series are now, or will be imminently, available. So having a solution that will allow them to work will be ideal until their templates are added.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Badger1
The latest 3CX V20 Beta supports them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Badger1
The latest 3CX V20 Beta supports them.
I don't suppose you have an installation of the latest beta and therefore access to the T7x & T8x xml and cfg configuration files that you could kindly share with me?

I've followed the link kindly provided by @SweetAction and manually configured a T77U phone to work correctly, but having autoprovisioning files would make things much easier.

Failing that, I'll spin up a test VM and download & install the beta myself to get them.
 
I don't suppose you have an installation of the latest beta and therefore access to the T7x & T8x xml and cfg configuration files that you could kindly share with me?

I've followed the link kindly provided by @SweetAction and manually configured a T77U phone to work correctly, but having autoprovisioning files would make things much easier.

Failing that, I'll spin up a test VM and download & install the beta myself to get them.
Not sure if it will share through here but lets try.

This file has the T7x and T8x phones.
 

Attachments

  • Like
Reactions: Badger1
@Badger1 - Please refer to our Update 7 Alpha blog - We have already added the following!
  • New Yealink T7 Series Support: Official support is added for the latest Yealink T73U/W, T74U/W, T77U, T85W, and T87W phones.
Just spin up a free trial if you need, and you can access the templates directly.
 
Not sure if it will share through here but lets try.

This file has the T7x and T8x phones.
Thank you so much @CentrexJ . XML downloaded successfully and made an instant improvement provisioning and customising all relevant settings & BLFs with no issues observed. Saved me a bunch of time and learnt a lot more about the system today as a result :)
 
When Update 7 is out, remember the following otherwise you will have issues in the future:

1.Factory reset them
2. Delete the phones and the custom template
3. Install the 3CX firmware that will be released with Update 7
4. Use PnP - or - Provision them fresh, and reset the phones again so they can pick up their provisioning
 
We have setup T74U with firmware version 185.87.0.15 as router phone in 3CX update 7, but SBC could not start up.

I could not find any firmware upgrade in 3CX or Yealink.

Does anyone successfully make T7x to a router phone in 3CX with update 7?
 
Hello @wtoh

The router firmware will be released when Update 7 final is out.
 
We have setup T74U with firmware version 185.87.0.15 as router phone in 3CX update 7, but SBC could not start up.

I could not find any firmware upgrade in 3CX or Yealink.

Does anyone successfully make T7x to a router phone in 3CX with update 7?
I imagine you should be able to configure the sbc parameters directly in the phone web interface. Do you have an existing supported yealink phone with sbc configured that you can compare?
 
I imagine you should be able to configure the sbc parameters directly in the phone web interface. Do you have an existing supported yealink phone with sbc configured that you can compare?
I'm like 88% sure there's no web interface for configuring the router phone functionality. Could do it via config file though.
 
I'm like 88% sure there's no web interface for configuring the router phone functionality. Could do it via config file though.
@wtoh

I checked the web interface of a non-sbc configured phone on my network and could not identify where to set up sbc enable and sbc provisioning link.
However i checked the config file of a T48U phone (can't access web interface at the moment) that IS configured for use with it's own SBC and found these entries that might help.

At the end of the section heading "AUTO PROVISIONING"

#Configure the URL of the auto provisioning server.

auto_provision.server.url = https://[MY-PROVISIONING-URL]:5001/provisioning/[MY-PHONE-PROVISIONING-FOLDER]

auto_provision.server.username =
auto_provision.server.password =


sip.3cxsbc_provlink.url = https://[MY-PROVISIONING-URL]:5001/sbc/[MY-SBC-PROVISIONING-FOLDER]
account.1.3cxsbc.enable = 1

I briefly reviewed the rest of the config file but couldn't see any other obvious entry relating to using the onboard SBC

Obviously, the phone SBC needs to be listed and configured correctly in "Voice & Chat" and i wonder if the two entries pertaining to 3cxsbc are added by the creation of the SBC, as that is where the SBC provisioning folder is defined.

Not sure if that's everything you'll need but might help.
 
Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your help. The next problem is, it's a 3CX SMB Free license. I can't access the config files -.-
 
Just wait for the final, there's not point configuring it now anyway, it won't work without the correct firmware.

I do not yet have an ETA on the release date.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lancerichards

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us