How to factory reset a Polycom VVX series
On this topic
Applicable to Polycom VVX 101, 201, 300, 301, 311, 400, 401, 410, 411, 500, 501, 600, 601
Follow the steps below to factory reset your Polycom VVX device in order to bring back the factory default settings. This must be done before provisioning your Polycom VVX phone in case the device has residual settings of a previous configuration.
Factory Reset your Polycom VVX phone
- Turn off the device.
- On the “Loading Application” screen press “Cancel.”
- As soon as the “Welcome” message appears, press and hold down “1,” “3,” “5.”
- Release them only when seeing the “Enter Password” message appear.
- For password use the phone’s MAC address (using CAPS for letter) and press “OK.”
- After the restart your phone will be successfully reset (with default password “4, 5, 6”)
Switch a Polycom VVX from Lync or Skype for Business to SIP
In case you were running previously a Polycom VVX on a Microsoft Lync or Skype for Business you may also manually switch the device back into Open Standards SIP mode. You can find out how to do so here: Switch a Polycom VVX from Lync or Skype for Business to SIP.