Checking and Managing your Voicemail from the 3CX client
On this topic
When your extension is busy, cannot be reached, or you choose not to take a call, callers have the option to leave a voice message. These messages are stored in chronological order and can be accessed from your IP phone or directly from the 3CX client. If you have unheard voicemails, an envelope icon will appear on the notifications screen.
To hear your voicemails:
- To see your voicemail list click the “Voicemails” button from the notifications screen or the icon from the bottom menu. In Android you may also select it from the “Settings” tab ⇒ “Voice Mail” and in iOS from the “More” section.
- Right-click or tap on a voicemail to bring up the options menu and select:
- Play – this downloads the voicemail as a .WAV file and will automatically play it on your PC. On Android you may hear the voicemail on your smartphone. The client for Windows gives you the ability to Play, Stop and Pause the file while playing.
- Play on Phone - The Voicemail calls your extension from “Playfile”. You can answer the call on your IP Phone, softphone or smartphone to hear the message.
- On a Mac, double click the message and it will play directly from the voicemail window.
- Mark as heard or unheard
The Mac client provides you with the additional options to “Stop”, “Pause” and “Set Voicemail Greetings”.
- On the notifications screen the envelope will disappear, meaning you have no new voicemails.
Tip: You can also receive voicemail notifications in your e-mail. Contact your administrator to enable this feature.
Leaving Voicemail to a Particular Extension
To leave a message in the Voicemail of a particular Extension:
Dial *4<extension number>
For example, *4100, will leave a voicemail message for extension 100.